joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential for big event looms large March 28-30

earthlight

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that wave stands a chance...very similar to last December. The big potential comes in about a week from now.

Yeah i think your right doug....Hm was also talking about a lead event similar to december before the boxing day storm.........Kind of odd to see this Pv just squash everything south late in march,

In case you haven't noticed, April starts next week. Usually doesn't snow in NYC in April. You guys must think we live in northern Maine or something.

Oh great thanks.....that gives me 8 days to think snow in nyc metro....never have i ever seen a snowflake in april...wow you are a very impressive talent....anything less then a ivy legue school for you, would have me shocked.

I don't think that wave stands a chance...very similar to last December. The big potential comes in about a week from now.

Yes, actually, Doug, the one behind it (April 1st-2nd) is the real deal as the NAO goes strongly negative and it rises a bit, which therefore creates a more amplfication in the H500 flow.

Oh great thanks.....that gives me 8 days to think snow in nyc metro....never have i ever seen a snowflake in april...wow you are a very impressive talent....anything less then a ivy legue school for you, would have me shocked.

:lmao:

I have Rebecca Black to tell me about the days of the week and month.

Yeah i think your right doug....Hm was also talking about a lead event similar to december before the boxing day storm.........Kind of odd to see this Pv just squash everything south late in march,

If we get ANYTHING like that, Timmy...

it would be wet cement snow like the March 1958 Blizzard.

Ton of QPF and pure cement...

Yeah, exactly. The same thing happened in December. All of the initial waves were squashed from the huge PV, but once the blocking retrograded into the PNA ridge/Canadian ridging, the pattern amplified more, yet we still had the cold air source from the original PV. That is how we're going to (hopefully) get some snow.

I went to Penn so good call. In any event, you can count the number of April snows in NYC proper on what, one hand? It is kinda funny to see some of you on here flip when someone suggests it might not snow. It looks like there will be a significant storm in the next seven days, but the chances of snow along the coastal plane NYC south are pretty remote. April snows usually become evident with little noticed as opposed to being modeled days in advance, anyway.

Posting 300+hr maps to suggest that we might have a good chance of seeing snow in early APRIL is pretty ridiculous, especially as the ensembles show the NAO going positive towards the beginning of the month.

If we get ANYTHING like that, Timmy...

it would be wet cement snow like the March 1958 Blizzard.

Ton of QPF and pure cement...

Well im not calling for that chris...but im just trying to understand what HM was talking about. Gfs is stop for me at hr 93 on sv.

Well im not calling for that chris...but im just trying to understand what HM was talking about. Gfs is stop for me at hr 93 on sv.

I know, I am hoping we get something like to end and break every record we have made.

But the pattern can do it, for sure! :snowman:

I went to Penn so good call. In any event, you can count the number of April snows in NYC proper on what, one hand? It is kinda funny to see some of you on here flip when someone suggests it might not snow. It looks like there will be a significant storm in the next seven days, but the chances of snow along the coastal plane NYC south are pretty remote. April snows usually become evident with little noticed as opposed to being modeled days in advance, anyway.

Posting 300+hr maps to suggest that we might have a good chance of seeing snow in early APRIL is pretty ridiculous, especially as the ensembles show the NAO going positive towards the beginning of the month.

That's the key thing: We normally get a powerful nor'easter when the NAO flips and with the +PNA ridge out west, and polar vortex in southern Canada (like April 1982), there is a heck of a chance we wil end winter with a bang.

That's the key thing: We normally get a powerful nor'easter when the NAO flips and with the +PNA ridge out west, and polar vortex in southern Canada (like April 1982), there is a heck of a chance we wil end winter with a bang.

The interior might get plastered but for NYC and the immediate vicinity, 9 times out of 10 in April this is a driving rainstorm.

First off these two possible events are in the march time period, if that puts a rest to ur worries about snow in april. I believe Nate was posting that 300 hr map to show how the pattern look to continue into april, in short weather you hate. Posting a 300 hr map or the fact you have had enough with snow in one giving winter, or better yet your feeling on what temp and preciep type i will have for the next 14 days on the simple remote knowledge that it does not snow in april is just as deserving of a tag. I understand these events may or may not work out, but saying the same thing over and over is pretty nausating.

First off these two possible events are in the march time period, if that puts a rest to ur worries about snow in april. I believe Nate was posting that 300 hr map to show how the pattern look to continue into april, in short weather you hate. Posting a 300 hr map or the fact you have had enough with snow in one giving winter, or better yet your feeling on what temp and preciep type i will have for the next 14 days on the simple remote knowledge that it does not snow in april is just as deserving of a tag. I understand these events may or may not work out, but saying the same thing over and over is pretty nausating.

Using a 300+ hr map to demonstrate "how the pattern look to continue into april" is ridiculous, esp given how the ensembles are showing a return to a positive NAO. That is Ji level right there, but at least he knows what a joke it is.

Right now it seems like everything is being squashed to the south anyway.

Using a 300+ hr map to demonstrate "how the pattern look to continue into april" is ridiculous, esp given how the ensembles are showing a return to a positive NAO. That is Ji level right there, but at least he knows what a joke it is.

So instead of us going back and forth on what is more annoying ur behavior or nates....we call it a night...I forget i even had communication with you, and look and see what the next two weeks bring me weather wise.

We're heading towards an anomalous pattern, very different from those 9 out of 10 times.

Yeah this is a serious -NAO/Canadian blocking pattern. That should continue for a bit.

I meant it ironically. Obviously I'm not buying into the actual Nor'easter depicted by the GFS at 372 hours. It can't even get this storm right and it's like tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah this is a serious -NAO/Canadian blocking pattern. That should continue for a bit.

I meant it ironically. Obviously I'm not buying into the actual Nor'easter depicted by the GFS at 372 hours. It can't even get this storm right and it's like tomorrow afternoon.

You had me worried there for a second.

this pazzo dude is trolling, why you are repeatedly posting the same thing and clogging up threads about how it will rain is beyond me. :facepalm:

when the pattern clearly dictates cold weather for the next 2 weeks atleast and a few snow threats before we head out to the real spring.

this pazzo dude is trolling, why you are repeatedly posting the same thing and clogging up threads about how it will rain is beyond me. :facepalm:

when the pattern clearly dictates cold weather for the next 2 weeks atleast and a few snow threats before we head out to the real spring.

lmao, "this pazzo dude." I've been on these boards for 10 years. I'm pretty confident on my call for the city.

lmao, "this pazzo dude." I've been on these boards for 10 years. I'm pretty confident on my call for the city.

its ok, i want 80s and 90s to with a beaming sun, but not before 1 more snowstorm :snowman: there is no way we get a driving rainstorm in the next 2 weeks, its going to be real cold and snowy

The only thing I can really add is that the pattern depicted at H5 for the day 6-8 timeframe is beautiful, you simply cannot discount this. It is not often a pattern is as favorable looking...

beautiful words, euro looks great at hr 126, cant wait to see what it does in future frames

Archived