joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential for big event looms large March 28-30

earthlight

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me likey. Still some details to work out, but it has some classic signs. West based -NAO ridge rolling in towards Hudson Bay. Perhaps some west coast riding, and somewhat of a 50/50 low.

The "March" issue is going to create some problems for the usual suspects to the south and along the coast. But the positioning of the west based NAO and Central Canadian ridge is almost classic.

The pattern surrounding this storm is absolutely terrific. It's not to the incredible extent of the December block, which had +48dm height anomalies over the exact same spot, but it's strong enough to raise my eyebrow. It's definitely safe to say, at this point, that most modeling agrees the blocking will return just in time to give us one last big swing at winter.

f156.gif

Euro is south of the area for the sunday event...but its a very nice set-up and its plenty cold...gives DC south a moderate snowstorm....after some intial boundry level problems.

That's where we want it right now Tim, given the backdrop of a Nina regime and the tendency for a gradual north trend as we approach the event.

Very significant event possilbe, which will possibly give the record snowfall of 1995-1996 a run.

Considering what has been horrendous weather for snow/cold lovers for the last month and a half to two months that this still even has a chance of happening is incredible.

That's where we want it right now Tim, given the backdrop of a Nina regime and the tendency for a gradual north trend as we approach the event.

Yeah the set-up on the 12z gfs is pretty sweet...also are temps are plenty cold 850's and surface well below where they need to be......as noted by you and a few others much better set-up then wed.....hope for a late season snow bomb.

Yeah the set-up on the 12z gfs is pretty sweet...also are temps are plenty cold 850's and surface well below where they need to be......as noted by you and a few others much better set-up then wed.....hope for a late season snow bomb.

yes sir, plenty of cold air in place. The s/w has flattened out since 00z but it will come back.. Its basically the perfect pattern we need

Yeah Tim, this is the most excited I've been since January on the pattern. Think it's going to be hard to get out of this pattern without a snow event in our area. If not Sun-Mon, then there's another system right behind it for April 1-3 as the NAO block retrogrades into the PNA ridge.

Yeah Tim, this is the most excited I've been since January on the pattern. Think it's going to be hard to get out of this pattern without a snow event in our area. If not Sun-Mon, then there's another system right behind it for April 1-3 as the NAO block retrogrades into the PNA ridge.

That's what happened with the boxing day storm. I like the April threat even better,honestly. Even the MJO looks more favorable.

Archived