Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
JB resigned from accuweather

k***

i was thinking that also

Wow, this is a real shock. I mean, i just watched his videos today. I'll likely cancel for sure. I can always get bloggers like Brett Anderson and Eliot Abrams for free.

I wonder where he will be headed next? I wonder if he will actually sign up for this site now and post his thoughts now that he's free from accuweather's umbrella.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, KYW 1060 dropped AccuWx?

Nope. They still use Accu...just ran Bob Larson's forecast.

Kathy Orr isn't anything special if you ask me.

She's a nice person...considering the lack of meteorologists in town I won't complain much about Kathy...for a major market we don't have a lot of true meteorologists in the biz...most are Mississippi State bred.

Nope. They still use Accu...just ran Bob Larson's forecast.

She's a nice person...considering the lack of meteorologists in town I won't complain much about Kathy...for a major market we don't have a lot of true meteorologists in the biz...most are Mississippi State bred.

Will miss him and his blog on accuweather, was one of the most talented METs in the country. Been a reader since 2003 or so. Hope he finds a new home soon! Best of luck.

I agree as Kathy is nice. I chat with her from time to time while on shift at the NWS office. I actually enjoy chatting with the media weather folks.

Yes, hopefully this is the beginning of the end for them!

You frigging JB weenies need to calm down. Just wish the man well, because you have NO idea what transpired. You don't see him trashing AccuWX do you? Nope, so I suggest you stop. And yes, lets wish the whole company goes down the drain, so a lot of people lose their jobs.

Perhaps he could set up his own private weather website? I mean, he could attract quite a crowd and give his former employers some real competition.

I just think it would be great if he could join our forum. I mean, I know people here (including myself on occasion) have bashed him and his statements, but I'm sure he'd be welcomed here if he joined. Plus, he'd be able to elaborate and clarify his opinions, which he couldn't when an employee of accuweather.

You frigging JB weenies need to calm down. Just wish the man well, because you have NO idea what transpired. You don't see him trashing AccuWX do you? Nope, so I suggest you stop. And yes, lets wish the whole company goes down the drain, so a lot of people lose their jobs.

maybe he's actually moving to Florida? I know he's been saying he's going on vacation there. I think he'd miss the snow though.:snowman:

I like JB, but for a couple of years now it has been more global warming talk (and I tend to agree with him) than the longer range teleconnections and signals he used to use. I've been a subscriber since 2000 or 2001, got a good deal, and full Euro data at 6 hour intervals (and a lot of data I don't see at 24 intervals on free sites, like CAPE, 10 meter winds, 250 mb winds, etc).

Did Joe have a non-compete clause in his contract or is he free to do anything he wants?

Non-competes are very rarely enforcible for employees. No judge will deny a person a chance to earn a living and in the end that's what a non-compete does. The exceptions are employees who sold their business to someone or have very high confidential knowledge and usually a judge will require that they had a very large payday. But the ordinary salaried employee will very rarely have an enforcible non-compete.

Been watching and listening to Joe since he first appeared on Weather World circa 1977. Good luck JB.

same here. watched him on weather world. listened to him on my local radio station from the late '80s to the early 2000's. nothing like having a big snow storm coming and having Joe give your forecast. one of the best IMO. good luck Joe

Someone should start a pool as to where he'll end up next. Odds on things like TWC, CNN, FOX, MSNBC, local affiliates, etc.

It won't be TWC, they don't do weather anymore. And it won't be MSNBC, they're too liberal for JB. I can see him joining FOX ... maybe doing anti-global warming stories on the O'Reilly Factor. wink.gif

Hard to believe it's been since 1977 that I've associated JB to AccuWeather. I recall the radio days on our local KTRH AM 740 when Joe Sobel would be out and JB would fill in.

TWC just doesn't do it as well.

JB has a sister in the Woodlands, I think, judging from comments in his thread. Maybe KPRC or KTRK will finally hire a degreed met.

Or not.

Archived