• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
JB resigned from accuweather

k***

Did Joe have a non-compete clause in his contract or is he free to do anything he wants?

Almost none of these hold up in court.

If AccuWx pays senior people bonuses based on profit, whatever senior guy insulted JB at the forecast meeting by calling him a 'mongerer' is feeling like an idiot now, judging by the number of Facebook comments about people quitting the PPV.

I doubt after 32 years a single comment set him off. I also wouldnt be surprised if he ended up back there down the road if he figures out the grass is greener and they figure out he helped keep the grass green.

It's not like high profile met jobs are a dime a dozen.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he comes in as a tv met here in Boston....a big wx market and one that pays. I know he has New England roots (Providence). He taught many of us alot of stuff on teleconnectors. He liked to hype but that also is the weenie in him. Bottom line he is a brilliant out of the box met and accuwx will miss him.

Now re: Fox. Fox executives would have to fork over some serious $$ and while they can, is it money well spent? Aside from us, do people care that much? I think if he has a media future, it's either local TV or TWC...or maybe he'll form his own company and sell the product under what you'd have to pay accuwx.

JB did make a post recently re that hostile work environment, about how he usually stays quiet in the office as people call him a mongerer whenever he presents an idea.

Yeah but if I had a dime for everytime a forecaster disagreed with each other at AccuWeather, we have 100 of them you know. Of all people you guys should know how often meteorologists disagree :lightning:

Yeah but if I had a dime for everytime a forecaster disagreed with each other at AccuWeather, we have 100 of them you know. Of all people you guys should know how often meteorologists disagree :lightning:

And some of those disagreements were rather animated as well. Oh the memories! ;)

Nice try. People in their mid-50s can do anything and everything physically, mentally and career-wise.

Hard to believe, isn't it when you are living in a pile of filth in your parent's basement?

Yep. My most recent assignment came as finishing at the top of the heap in a national search after I was 60. But I admit I'm tired....lol...

Disagree as there are many talented meteorologists still at AccuWeather.

That's nice. Nobody cares about them - people paid Accuweather to read JB's musings. It's kind of like McDonalds saying they'll no longer make hamburgers. Sure there's other stuff there, but the main reason why people go is for the burgers.

That's nice. Nobody cares about them - people paid Accuweather to read JB's musings. It's kind of like McDonalds saying they'll no longer make hamburgers. Sure there's other stuff there, but the main reason why people go is for the burgers.

Actually the main reason I go to McDonalds is for the milk shakes ;)

Sad to see him go. While his winter outlooks at times were rubbish, like this one, I did enjoy his columns for entertainment. Wish him well, I will miss those seemingly coke induced rants he had...lolguitar.gif But in fairness he has a family and he needs to make a living so I wish him Godspeed and that he finds a home soon. I can see him doing Boston weather!

That's not what I meant! my point was, mid 50s is still young. But by late 60s early 70s I think it would be tough to do something totally different workwise. Hence, get out now (mid 50s) while you are still pretty young, and live your dream, start your own business or whatever.

Nice try. People in their mid-50s can do anything and everything physically, mentally and career-wise.

Hard to believe, isn't it when you are living in a pile of filth in your parent's basement?

That's not what I meant! my point was, mid 50s is still young. But by late 60s early 70s I think it would be tough to do something totally different workwise. Hence, get out now (mid 50s) while you are still pretty young, and live your dream, start your own business or whatever.

Rubbish. I plan to change my career when I leave my current job at age 70-71. I have an idea and a dream. You're never too old and JB can go as long as he wants.

please stop digging yourself a hole you can't get out of

Was his resignation effective immediately or does he still have 2 weeks left at accuweather? If so, perhaps he will have an official goodbye to his subscribers?

If any member of this board has contact with JB, perhaps they could try and convince him to join our forums? I think i speak for many when I say that his contribution would be greatly welcomed.

In the meantime, I suppose he may give some weather musings via his Twitter page. His security is set so that you don't even have to have a twitter account to read his musings.

Farewell to Joe Bastardi who has left AccuWeather after a distinguished 32-year career. We appreciate Joe’s dedicated service to our clients over these many years and wish him luck with all his endeavors. In addition, a hearty congratulations to two great meteorologists who will both be taking on expanded roles -- Paul Pastelok is now leader of AccuWeather’s Long-Range Forecasting team and Henry Margusity is taking an expanded role with the Pro site.

Henry M on the pro site..yikes!

post-5323-0-72660300-1298342667.jpg

Archived