amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
JB resigned from accuweather

k***

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found out before noon today. He came in with his lawyer and cleaned out his stuff.

He has not been happy there for a very long time, felt he was underpaid, (who isn't at Accuwx?) and if you watch his big dog today said" If you can't enjoy the wx where you are..go somewhere else where you can enjoy the wx because it 's the only wx you've got" which was his way of saying goodbye

Was he in a good or bad mood? Did he seem happy in his decision?

Farewell to Joe Bastardi who has left AccuWeather after a distinguished 32-year career. We appreciate Joe’s dedicated service to our clients over these many years and wish him luck with all his endeavors. In addition, a hearty congratulations to two great meteorologists who will both be taking on expanded roles -- Paul Pastelok is now leader of AccuWeather’s Long-Range Forecasting team and Henry Margusity is taking an expanded role with the Pro site.

Henry M on the pro site..yikes!

:lmao:

It's interesting to say the least....no one has really said anything at Accuwx and Myers is a bastard when it comes to chasing down employees who violate contracts(at least who they care about). I doubt he was fired...he probably just did not renew after 32 years to see if there is something else to do. He would be the one guy TWC could leverage to replace Mr Hope since the have never been able too...though given the change in management that probably won't happen. Perhaps a private sector job or else some type of self propelled business...One would think at this point he would have enough cash to just flat out retire...

I was never a big fan of JB--but I don't think he will have a difficult time finding more suitable employment somewhere. He is a big name and he will likely be doing the same gig somewhere else--and hopefully more credible than Accuweather. Good luck to Accuweather with HM at the helm--they will need it. I won't deny JB had some meteorological talent--can't say the same about HM.

I will miss JB a lot. I feel he had a real gift for deducing long term trends. When he broadly outlined my area for a chance of snow one week or so ahead of time, I knew I had good reason to hope it would happen. Of course he was sometimes wrong, but I just really enjoyed his presentation and dedication to the job. I would think AccuWeather will really miss him. I know of nobody else who put in the hours he did and had a pretty good track record at predicting the pattern of a winter or summer months ahead of time.

Now see, that's just not reasonable. :arrowhead:

Just a little Levity!:) I used to hear JB back in the mid 90's on AM 910 in Richmond, VA. He had a stretch of forecasting once that was uncanny. Called things that no one else had, not the locals or NWS. Really had some talent then for some pretty decent forecasting but I think he could of been distracted by other things/ideas as time went on.

I always thought he was a straight up guy, though. I wish him all the best!!!

Say hi to Wll for me, thanks.

I would assume a large % of pro subscribers will quit now. I'll wait a couple weeks just to make sure this isn't all part of some contract negotiation and then all of a sudden he shows up again. If not...it's hasta la vista. LOL Hey that $14.95 a month adds up per annum or I could blow it on satellite radio or something.

It was a shocking development because I always got the sense he was a very big company man there. He certainly spoke about Joel Myers, et. al. enough and the history of the company.

If I was a betting man, my money would be on a dispute over his near obsession now with disputing global warming. If they tried to muzzle him on that - I get the sense he feels so passionately about it that he probably would quit. I tend to agree with him on that issue, but I was not thrilled that so much of the column was about climate change stuff.

Good luck Joe! Maybe he will start on his own thing or could he put "The Weather Channel" back on the map... I am sure that is not likely...

Maybe JB will surface at Burger King in Kalamazoo working the grill with Elvis? Or perhaps settle down somewhere around Valdosta, GA with his brother. In fact I saw JB today sitting outside his brothers trailer. Said that spring will not surface till May this year.

That burger King is now closed... just closed in the last year

Archived