Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
JB resigned from accuweather

k***

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but the other day Joe posted and seemed pretty pi$$ed off about someone in the office saying he was mongering

I bet that had something to do with it

if I'm Joe, I go to FOX and make a ton of bucks

if this was mentioned or suggested earlier in thread, never mind

just mho

This shouldn't violate terms of service...

THURSDAY 1 PM

THE EURO STRIKES BACK, AND IS NOW CLOSEST TO MY IDEA Notice what is going on here. Right or wrong, I am not changing my idea, but the models are. I actually spoke up in a forecasting discussion today, but when one of the senior guys accused me of "mongering," I decided maybe I would just go back to being quiet Joe in the office, and posting here for anyone who has decided to get on the pro site, or anyone in my office that wants to read it.

Paul has been helping J.B. out on long-range stuff (especially for Energy clients) for many years. He knows his stuff. Until we get him up to speed on internal processes, Henry may be subbing.

Yeah, this.

Paul is an outstanding forecaster. Tell him I said congrats.

And PS - I wish you posted here - the severe weather people would love you.

Been watching and listening to Joe since he first appeared on Weather World circa 1977. Good luck JB.

same here. watched him on weather world. listened to him on my local radio station from the late '80s to the early 2000's. nothing like having a big snow storm coming and having Joe give your forecast. one of the best IMO. good luck Joe

hell yeahz. Same here. I remember I couldn't get over it, a guy on TV talking about a snowstorm who actually was happy about it and not all gloomy. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but the other day Joe posted and seemed pretty pi$$ed off about someone in the office saying he was mongering

just mho

yes fox seems like a good fit for him

best of luck to Joe and his future endeavors. I wouldn't mind him co-chasing a hurricane on TWC someday with Cantore. And best of luck to Henry M for filling in for him on the pro blogs. I enjoy Henry's severe weather analysis in the spring and summer and enjoy his passion and humor in his videos.

Regardless if he left ill willed, it would be inappropriate for JB to throw a hissy and trash his former employer. He just spent three decades at AccuWX. He's a member of the media, a personality. I dont care how much you hate your job, but when you worked in this biz for decades, professionalism always makes you the better person in the end no matter how bad the break up could be. (and that goes for all fields of work) That quote that someone posted from JB I think speaks for itself. Kinda like Cantore's tweet when the tornado was hitting downtown Atlanta and TWC was showing a movie. You can get your point across without trashing your employer.

When did they do that? I could have sworn I heard them do an Accu Weather forecast this afternoon.

I have been corrected on this. The past few times I was on 1060, Orr was giving weather reports. When this JB news hit, the 1060 weather reports got me thinking that there was a change made at the radio station too.

just. WOW. :o A complete blindside on this one for me!

Congratulations!! Not only did you beat the news to this, but you are now a total mind-reading/weather-staff-related-predicting guru in my eyes...

I will be watching your posts and awaiting your random wisdom - or that really cool cat-in-a-box gif you had going there for a while.

:lmao:

just mho

I rather think that News Corp and Murdoch's worldview seem to fit Joe's persona quite well....been ribbing him for some time to be honest with himself and head over to Fox.

Joe's recent call for spring peak ASI at or above 2004 levels not looking so hot....amongst many other recent calls.

Paul has been helping J.B. out on long-range stuff (especially for Energy clients) for many years. He knows his stuff. Until we get him up to speed on internal processes, Henry may be subbing.

Wow, I did like his vids, his animated style. One of the reasons I'd vist the web site. Wish him good luck!

As far as Henry, please get him a "cough" button....for the vids.....TIA....jk.

Besides his next move, the big mystery is why he left, i.e. was it based upon an internal dispute or dissension from their energy or large clients, or a combination of the two. After 32 years and the reputation that he developed, it would be hard for me to believe that it would have been simply based upon an internal dispute. But who knows.

Just looked back at a post of his from Sunday and could see the hints. He said he was in Reading Pa and said, "what have you got against Reading?" . Also said that he had plans to go to all kinds of palces for basketball, gymnastics ect. over the next few weeks. He also said that he was unhappy that he'd been missing out on his daughter's gymnastics meets. He said, " Because I had my head down working, I missed her vault. That stinks. I can remember my parents sitting there in the cold watching me sit the bench in football and here I am putting work in front of a little girl."

No, he wasn't fired.

Clarification: Paul will be taking over our Commercial clients; Henry Margusity will be doing Joe's video and blogs on Pro, for now anyway.

hey jesse............just wanted to let you know that it was your "weather matrix" that got me into this whole weather board thing to start................thanks!!!

also....i would like to wish JB well in his endeavors...........at the very least he has gotten many many people interested in weather and how it works.

Besides his next move, the big mystery is why he left, i.e. was it based upon an internal dispute or dissension from their energy or large clients, or a combination of the two. After 32 years and the reputation that he developed, it would be hard for me to believe that it would have been simply based upon an internal dispute. But who knows.

Or... it could have been his own decision :rolleyes: I personally didn't talk to Joe today, so I can't say for sure. I can say he wasn't fired.

Archived