Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
JB resigned from accuweather

k***

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wish he hadnt gone pay for view. i remember the good times when he was on the radio every morning here at 610am. he was also on a weekly radio web show where he answered questions. he also would email with me regularly until he went pay for veiw. he is a great man.

thanks JB for al the great years you have given us. you will be missed. god bless!

well said. I think I can count on 1 hand the number of times I missed one of his radio forecast discussions during the winter over the 15 or so years he was on my local station. Accuweather will certainly miss him. they might not realize now how much he meant to that organization, but they will.

Or... it could have been his own decision :rolleyes: I personally didn't talk to Joe today, so I can't say for sure. I can say he wasn't fired.

Perhaps a sort of forced resignation or mutually based departure based upon a hostile or increasingly hostile work environment? If that was the case, I"m not sure that we'd ever find out, and I'm sure that any of his communications to you in that regard would justifiably be confidential.

Perhaps a sort of forced resignation or mutually based departure based upon a hostile or increasingly hostile work environment? If that was the case, I"m not sure that we'd ever find out, and I'm sure that any of his communications to you in that regard would justifiably be confidential.

I think we should believe Jesse when he says JB wasn't fired. And I doubt he was forced out either. Let's face it. Given JB's name recognition and whether he's right or wrong on forecasts, he could do well on his own (provided he has a good tech guy with him, as he never was the best with technology lol). Point is, Accuwx needed him more than he really needs them.

I'm stunned, would love to know the reason for leaving.

My guess is he probably thinks he can make a better name for himself not being connected to accuweather. Could possibly start his own business like DT, something alng those lines.

Great forecaster and admittedly I will be missing his posts on accupro, even if he was wrong a lot of times.

JB did make a post recently re that hostile work environment, about how he usually stays quiet in the office as people call him a mongerer whenever he presents an idea.

JB did make a post recently re that hostile work environment, about how he usually stays quiet in the office as people call him a mongerer whenever he presents an idea.

He IS a mongerer...whoever told him that was spot-on and deserves kudos, not condemnation.

Definitely a giant in the field and he helped fuel enthusiasm about the weather. I think the pressure of trying to create excitement even during quiet times (overhype) was a turn off to some. Many of us will miss him but no one more than Accuweather. I would guess their pro subscriptions will fall off a cliff since aside from Joe's blogs much of the data can be found elsewhere for free.

If he is under contract he may not surface anywhere for a while but will spend more time with his family since he felt that he was putting the job first. Good Luck Joe! Who knows maybe he will start to contribute to this forum.

33 years is a long time to work somewhere. He probably just wanted to do something different. He's gotta be in his mid 50s or so its kind of now or never.

I think we should believe Jesse when he says JB wasn't fired. And I doubt he was forced out either. Let's face it. Given JB's name recognition and whether he's right or wrong on forecasts, he could do well on his own (provided he has a good tech guy with him, as he never was the best with technology lol). Point is, Accuwx needed him more than he really needs them.

alright, well I'll stop with my negativity. I can see its not really appreciated.

You can check my webcam, there are no shackles there -- although I have been doing this for the last three hours while responding to these comments: :pepsi:

and I just ate half a box of girl scout cookies to boot.

Being forced out isn't technically being fired (although it does fall into the category of a constructive discharge). In addition, no one is indispensable, especially when it comes to business, no matter what the extent of their reputation is. But given the extensive amount of good will that I believe he gave to Accuwx, this may hurt them more than help them in the long run.

When things get heated in sensitive areas, people will often vent, at least initially on a subconscious level.

Archived