• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter returns with a vengeance thread

Damage In Tolland

Euro ensembles really cooled off next week as well.

The euro ensembles also a fairly cool in the extended. They also have some slight ridging over the southwest which is definitely a good thing if you want colder weather over the northeast.

how bout storm chances..... at this point i'm more concerned (realizing cold is a prerequisite lol) with that by far.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing here when it came threw

Mostly evaporating before reaching the ground per surface obs. Binghamton did report light rain a few hours ago. The batch across NW CT might be strong enough to reach the ground,.

The HRRR actually has some very light QPF over the next few hours across CT - a mix of rain and snow.

http://rapidrefresh....ain=full&wjet=1

how bout storm chances..... at this point i'm more concerned (realizing cold is a prerequisite lol) with that by far.

Well, there will be some given that pattern. We still may deal with some sort of inside runner, or low that moves overhead very late next week. Other than that, it looks decent going into March.

i would rather have the system at 96hrs dig even more and become a bigger threat than tuesday

It would end up as a little miller B nuke if it did that. And a really cold one too. Too bad there really isn't a lot of ridging to the west to push it further south.

The synoptic pattern over the CONUS on the models reminds me a lot of the Feb 22, 2008 event. The models back in that one were having a hard time deciding if it would whiff south or be in one main part or two parts. In the end it got us pretty good and came in one piece. But it had some big confluence out ahead of the main wave. The main wave ended up proving strong enough to push the precip into the region. Obviously the details aren't the same, but it seems on these setups with a potent wave coming out of the plains, they will nudge the confluence further north than what models try to play it in the medium range.

That was the basis of my thoughts earlier when I said my gut feeling is we won't have to worry about suppression with this wave.

The synoptic pattern over the CONUS on the models reminds me a lot of the Feb 22, 2008 event. The models back in that one were having a hard time deciding if it would whiff south or be in one main part or two parts. In the end it got us pretty good and came in one piece. But it had some big confluence out ahead of the main wave. The main wave ended up proving strong enough to push the precip into the region. Obviously the details aren't the same, but it seems on these setups with a potent wave coming out of the plains, they will nudge the confluence further north than what models try to play it in the medium range.

That was the basis of my thoughts earlier when I said my gut feeling is we won't have to worry about suppression with this wave.

I posted that same thing earlier..confluence is always too far south and strong at this time range. We should start seeing that edge north starting with 12z or 00z runs tomorrow/tomorrow nite

I sort of recall the models whiffing south in that (I think the GFS??), but that was a good event. Just under 9" here iirc.

I think we are seeing some sort of compromise taking place, with the 18z GFS. If I were a betting man, I would think the euro may come a little north at 00z, or at least perhaps become stronger with the second event. That doesn't mean sne ends up jackpotting or something like that, but I have a hard time with the euro depiction..at least imo.

The futility in trying to even roughly guess where the storm is going to end up in 5-6 days is lost on most.

What I do like is that it's cool/cold and the ski areas should be a blast over school vacation week. Now just to find a few days without uber winds.

Yes, Guidance is all over the board should be ironed out by Sunday/Monday possibly........ :lol: , You heading up to SR?

Archived