northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Fail and Fooked

Ji

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - I really thought this would be the storm to turn it all around for us this winter. But then the polar vortex decide to rage on us. It was fun tracking snowstorms this year. Can't wait to do it all over again next year. Hopefully a nino winter.

Where's the memo that said we're done after Thursday?

Ha - just my opinion. Maybe we get some sloppy wet stuff in march, but it's time to enjoy the next few weeks of spring weather.

True that, if it's that long. I'll take 50s and sunny.

I think most think winter is going toend cause a pattern change is coming ans a warm up too. And I think most are tirwd of waiting fkr noshows

Looks like you didn't get enough sleep last night :P The warm up is probably more temporary than anything looking at recent forecasts, and many are calling for a cold March.

Where's the memo that said we're done after Thursday?

Problem is that we do start to fight climo after mid-Feb, and that is what we are looking at since the next 10 days don't look that great.

In the past 60 years, in the post-Feb16th period there have been 7 years with 10"+ of snowfall. During that same timeframe there have been 14 periods with no measurable snowfall, and 33/60 have had 3" or less.

Problem is that we do start to fight climo after mid-Feb, and that is what we are looking at since the next 10 days don't look that great.

In the past 60 years, in the post-Feb16th period there have been 7 years with 10"+ of snowfall. During that same timeframe there have been 14 periods with no measurable snowfall, and 33/60 have had 3" or less.

I'm aware of the odds against another storm, but a late storm can not and should not be ruled out. People give up way too easily around here, good or bad.

I'm aware of the odds against another storm, but a late storm can not and should not be ruled out. People give up way too easily around here, good or bad.

it can happen for sure and nina probably gives it an extra boost at least looking at the small list of ninas. but we'll need a good bit of help on multiple levels. at least it's still quite light at 6p now! :thumbsup:

it can happen for sure and nina probably gives it an extra boost at least looking at the small list of ninas. but we'll need a good bit of help on multiple levels. at least it's still quite light at 6p now! :thumbsup:

If my analogs are correct, we could expect to see the AO/NAO block return. This would help out quite a bit.

Also, could we at least get the dates of the "FAIL" in the topic of the thead?

Go south, young man ....

2/7, 3:38am:

DAY 3...

..SOUTHERN PLAINS TO THE TN VALLEY

SRN STREAM SHRTWV WILL MOVE OUT OF THE SRN ROCKIES AND ACROSS THE

SRN PLAINS INTO THE LWR MS/TN VLYS THIS PERIOD. AMPLE LOW LVL

MOISTURE ADV AND DEEP FGEN FORCING WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY ROLES IN

THE PRODUCTION OF THE SIGNIFICANT SNOWS...PARTICULARLY ACROSS ERN

OK/FAR NERN TX/AR/NRN LA/NRN MS/WRN TN WHERE A SLGT TO MDT RISK OF

4-INCHES OF SNOW HAS BEEN INDICATED.

If my analogs are correct, we could expect to see the AO/NAO block return. This would help out quite a bit.

I think many of us are thinking the same. We move to a warmer / zonal pattern starting this coming weekend and maybe have a 8-10 run of avg to abv avg temps? Then all hopes will be on the -ao/-nao with blocking moving back in for a 10 day period. Someone posted some stats about Feb 16th+ snow in DC. Over the last 60 years, 13 years have had 3+" of snow during this period. Of those 13, I wonder how many came on the heels of a mod to strong nina.

LOL. Hilarious that "Jack Frost" and "Winter Weather Lover" are ready for the spring on February Freaking 6th.

It took me a minute to get this, but you're right, that is kind of funny with those two user names. I'm not really ready for spring, but if spring time temps come along, it will at least keep me from chasing futility.

GFS seems pretty locked in right now...it's been showing this for 5+ runs. So depressing. Have you looked at the radar today? So depressing. Have you looked at the long range? So depressing. This winter? So depressing.

:lol: yea things don't look good,and by the time we get back to a better pattern it's just not the same watching it snow and melt on contact :(

GFS seems pretty locked in right now...it's been showing this for 5+ runs. So depressing. Have you looked at the radar today? So depressing. Have you looked at the long range? So depressing. This winter? So depressing.

Well then it's a good thing that the GFS QPF is probably wrong. Follow the NAM :D

Archived