northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Fail and Fooked

Ji

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this snowstorm had a chance to be great...probably our best and coldest one of the season. What another waste. This winter just sucks. Any thoughts about next year?

Only one thought: You will continue to whine about how winter sucks.

One more thought: You will be joined by hundreds of other weenies.

does that area typically do well in nina?

I don't think so as I think they usually average having less precip than normal whil also being drier but I'd have to check to make sure. I think Ji is right, that is where CPC had them dry and warm at the beginning of the year. I know they are much more likely to have an extreme drought there is a LA Nina winter than have extreme wetness.

Such a weird NINA. With the exception of NE (who are supposed to get decent snow in a Nina), there are so many areas to the S and W that are at or above snow climo. Areas that were supposed to be warmer and drier than us. It's just been bad luck. We had plenty of cold but just kept getting fringed. It's been a year of being just a 100 miles or so from missing to the S & N. The distance is peanuts as far the atmosphere goes but it sure was a kick in the weenie NADS.

I"m going to enjoy the weekend warmup. Time to get out with the dog and get a good walk in the woods while not having to be bundled up. Fishing season is right around the corner too. Silver lining....

There has been a small amount of north trending today by the Major models. From those trends the first system will be giving areas just south of the MD line to RIC, T-1in. Saturdays system has no chance of impacting the EC.

I'll be more interested in the 0z runs tonight for Thursday and Saturday/Sunday, a probable pattern changer.

Couple more jumps like this, we'll be in business.

maybe if a dusting+ is in business. we'll see. sometimes the models bounce north and then go back to what they were showing. hard to be terribly interested at this pt.

Archived