Newest Member
    northernriwx
Fail and Fooked

Ji

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy... full post: http://madusweather.com/?p=821

Most of the snow in this one will be isolated to the western Appalachians and to southern VA and NC, with accumulations of half and inch or less possible up to the Mason-Dixon line.

I weighted the NAM heavily again with this latest forecast, and I included some input from the ECMWF. I think the GFS is completely off in shutting down the precipitation once it gets south and east of the Apps, which is mostly due to the weakening of the upper-level vorticity that the GFS portrays.

Here's the first call for the event... a final map will be put up either late tomorrow or around noon on Wednesday.

20110209-10_MAsnowFirst.png

Temperatures will be a bit of an issue as well, with rain and mixed precipitation in NC and VA to go with the snow.

Yay! :weight_lift:

lol, they still think a storm is coming?

No it's more like a bunch of idiots who know nothing about weather posting current wind and jet stream along the east coast and saying that the thursday storm has a chance of turning up the coast because of the current setup along the coast now...sad

Looking at the GFS...it seems to really have this thing pegged...it's showed the same thing for like 36 hrs now...

I haven't seen such consistency from the GFS over a 2 day period this winter...atleast it could show something different. It seems the models have done a pretty good job in the short range recently...not a lot of surprises so far

I just hope I remember to ignore the next Eurostorm. To be fair the GFS had it too but it bailed early and never looked back.

Archived