northernriwx
Fail and Fooked

Ji

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's it matter

we've lost the JMA today :(

It wouldnt take much for Richmond to get a 2-4" snow out of this. We need a lot more help up here. I do think we get one more period where we will have a chance from about Feb 27th to March 15th. It looks like it will be a repeat of the -NAO -PNA pattern from December but in March the same pattern could have different results when wavelengths are shorter.

It wouldnt take much for Richmond to get a 2-4" snow out of this. We need a lot more help up here. I do think we get one more period where we will have a chance from about Feb 27th to March 15th. It looks like it will be a repeat of the -NAO -PNA pattern from December but in March the same pattern could have different results when wavelengths are shorter.

I actually agree the pattern will improve with the -NAO/-AO, but snow for us during that time of the year is undeniably tough and, at least imho, usually too little too late unless its a rare monster

hr 120 va beach could get an inch or 2

In all the years that I've gone back and researched, I cannot find anything to match the severity of what's coming next week. It will be the week of all winter weeks. Will be like surviving a nuclear war and coming out of the bunker afterwards to find devastation. Severe cold and a superstorm ...that is perhaps unequaled in winter weather history.

In all the years that I've gone back and researched, I cannot find anything to match the severity of what's coming next week. It will be the week of all winter weeks. Will be like surviving a nuclear war and coming out of the bunker afterwards to find devastation. Severe cold and a superstorm ...that is perhaps unequaled in winter weather history.

not sure what to do with the 23 degrees coming should i leave my sinks dripping?

TABULAR STATE FORECAST FOR VIRGINIA
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WAKEFIELD VA
400 AM EST MON FEB 7 2011

ROWS INCLUDE...
  DAILY PREDOMINANT DAYTIME WEATHER 6AM-6PM
  FORECAST TEMPERATURES...EARLY MORNING LOW/DAYTIME HIGH
        PROBABILITY OF PRECIPITATION NIGHTTIME 6PM-6AM/DAYTIME 6AM-6PM
         - INDICATES TEMPERATURES BELOW ZERO
        MM INDICATES MISSING DATA

FCST     FCST     FCST     FCST     FCST     FCST     FCST
  TODAY    TUE      WED      THU      FRI      SAT      SUN
  FEB 07   FEB 08   FEB 09   FEB 10   FEB 11   FEB 12   FEB 13
  RICHMOND
  PTCLDY   PTCLDY   PTCLDY   MOCLDY   SUNNY    SUNNY    SUNNY
    /56    36/48    23/42    28/35    25/42    26/47    26/54
     /10    40/10    10/00    30/30    20/10    10/10    10/10

lol at the ens most show ric with 0.25

[

7 of those give DC/Annapolis close to .1". Everyone will think I'm crazy but with the EURO coming in a little more amped and all the GEFS members coming in a lot more amped than the OP not to mention the NAM...I think our chances at at least seeing some snow might be okay...which is an improvement

I know it's a long shot for up here in Wash especially Balt but remember the Thundersnow event? The models didn't have that solution pegged until about 72-84 hours out. That's the frame we are getting into now. And furthermore, that storm ended up Pounding the northeast coast without much guidance supporting that even leading up to the event. I wouldn't be completely surprised if started seeing a little more amped solutions riding into this event. I think Richmond stands a really good shot at 2-3 inches if not more if things start riding more towards what has been unfolding today.

Archived