• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Fail and Fooked

Ji

I just hope I remember to ignore the next Eurostorm. To be fair the GFS had it too but it bailed early and never looked back.

If we counted all the snow the Euro gave us at Day 7 and the HiRes WRFs gave us in Days 1-2, we'd be close to last year's snow totals.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, it's going to get REAL quiet around here for the next 10+ days. 45 - 55 and sunny with occasional chances of rain doesn't make good conversation.

I guess that part is good, because as soon as temps go back down to "snow" levels, we'll get suckered in again. Here's to no more winter threats until next year.

Also, what's up with all the "Pac Man" radars and precip patterns this past week. Look at the NAM sim radar at 42 hours, and think back to yesterdays radar. What happened to the precip blobs, and comma shapes?

This has been one weird a** winter. It could have been so much better, but we have had as close to the worst luck as I can remember. It could have been much worse too, because we at least were able to scratch out a couple of snows, and have had snow cover a good portion of the winter.

And how much does the NAM give us? The big story will be the snow on the outerbanks for the thrid time this year. Hatteras may end up with more saeasonal snow than we have> I think they've had around 6".

Don't think they're going to get any...given it being close to mid feb and marginal temps

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/12/images/gfs_ten_048s.gif

So much for JB's 50-60's Monday and Tuesday of next week. It just doesn't seem to really want to torch... 40-45 looks more reasonable next week...and yet another week (next week) of cold air goes to waste...

Just saw a flurry

I think that the temps will be pretty normal Monday and Tuesday after a warmer than normal sunday. Temps could be pretty warm by the end of the week. The pattern is going south as the heights go north.

Carolinewx,

I've cautioned about using the GEFS precipitation forecasts when you get inside of 72 hrs as the low resolution srpeads the precipitation out allowing the precipitation to come north farther than you'd expect based on the suppressed surface low track that the members are showing. You'd be wiser to look at the 09Z SREF members or when they come out the 15Z sref. The 09Z were quite suppressed. We still have a chance at a dusting but I'd be surprised if we got more than that.

Carolinewx,

I've cautioned about using the GEFS precipitation forecasts when you get inside of 72 hrs as the low resolution srpeads the precipitation out allowing the precipitation to come north farther than you'd expect based on the suppressed surface low track that the members are showing. You'd be wiser to look at the 09Z SREF members or when they come out the 15Z sref. The 09Z were quite suppressed. We still have a chance at a dusting but I'd be surprised if we got more than that.

Can someone post the 9z sref members?

Carolinewx,

I agree with you as I have seen the members way off in the close range too...It's still interesting that 7 of the 10 members bring the .1" to DC

Archived