Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Ians Birthday Blizzard Bomb Bonanza BECS Feb 9-11

Ji

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i sure hope if you got the 18z gfs storm you'd not complain about it afterwards

the euro isnt nearly as bad as some were making it. Even for DC it was 3-5" of snow followed by some mix/rain and then ending as snow. My area it was about 10" of snow followed by mixing and then another 1-3" of snow. People were acting like it was a driving rainstorm.

the euro isnt nearly as bad as some were making it. Even for DC it was 3-5" of snow followed by some mix/rain and then ending as snow. My area it was about 10" of snow followed by mixing and then another 1-3" of snow. People were acting like it was a driving rainstorm.

i said it looked like a few inches then rain around here but it's hard to tell on the maps alone. if the storm ends up at all like it shows on the euro/gfs it should be pretty tricky to nail down. i dont necessarily favor a far west scenario at this point with the cold air pressing hard. but last week did look favorable for a few runs so it could easily go bad quick.

i sure hope if you got the 18z gfs storm you'd not complain about it afterwards

you know, you folks are just a wee bit too sensitive

I call em' how I see em'

I'm a no BS person and you'd never wonder what my position is if you met me

frankly, with all the crap I see between childish posturing, bald face lies and games that people play, I've always found straight shooters refreshing

I would add that I haven't been complaining of late as everyone knows how I feel

as far as whether I'll complain about any storm in the future, trust me, I'll let you know :guitar:

DC has crashed and burned in a year. Wasn't it the DC crew that willed the JAN 30th storm up to DC? The models had it pegged as a 12-20 inch event from CLT to HKY to RDU and you willed to 3-6 with sleet and a shocking 5-8 snowfall in DC! From there-- it was riding the gravy train to a historic winter. You've conceded this storm to Boston already.

We need the mojo back--

Great moments are born from great opportunity.

And that's what you have here tonight, boys.

That's what you've earned here, this week.

One storm.

If it snowed ten times, they might get more in nine.

But not this storm. Not this week.

This storm, we snow with 'em.

This storm we stay with 'em, and we out snow them because we can!

This storm, we are the greatest snow city in the world.

You were born to be in a blizzard -- every one of ya.

And you were meant to be here in this storm.

This is your time.

Their time -- is done. It's over.

I'm sick and tired of hearin' about what a great snow town Boston is.

Screw 'em!

This is your time!!

Now go out there and take it!

i dont believe the gfs but i've had dreams (not esp like but more fantasy) about a storm like that right along an arctic outbreak.. some rain to heavy frigid whipping blizzard

Me too. Just one time. A huge storm, just a little rain to start, over to heavy snow, with ice underneath, and bone chilling arctic cold right behind it, with several days of cloudy skies with superhuman snow showers that somehow manage to sneak through the mountains. Dream come true.

Question: Is it even possible? I mean I've seen events like that, but that was when I lived on the other side of the mountains.

there have been 32 sub zero lows at DC since records began. 14 -5 or below. so -5 is roughly equivalent to a hecs throughout the whole period. ;)

Subzero temps were common in the 80s and earlier, but ever since 1996 I don't think BWI has dropped below 0. In the mean time, there were four HECS since then.

The chances of subzero around here probably run on some long term cycle that I don't understand. There are plenty of arctic outbreaks that get sub zero nearby but to get them often like the 80's mean that there is a more subtle aspect to a complex pattern. We need the arctic air to move into our area quickly. It can't start in International Falls and then 3-4 days later move into the MA. Too much moderation and of course the Atlantic keeps it at bay. We need true arctic air to make a beeline to our region to get sub zero stuff. That takes a special pattern within a pattern to give us the goods.

Archived