Newest Member
    northernriwx
Epic winter signal continues to beam

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its been snowing lightly here for the past 4 days

its not amounting to more than inch or so daily but its ok mood snow, thats the consolation this yr at least it is winter and there are flakes in the air every other day it seems

i dont even know why its snowing lol, im guessing its due to ongoing WAA over the ridiculous cold we had previously, we are now up to a balmy 25F...maybe now being enhance by some sheared out clipper energy.

Scott, I am quite content with what we have here really for snopack, IF we had no snow then i would be crowing, We have a decent snowpack and we are retaining it, Trails have been great here for riding, If we get more thats all the better, If not, As long as it stays cold we should be all set.... :snowman:

Yeah you guys aren't doing bad at all. I'm just saying when you have a big trough in the sw like that, it should perk up the NNE snow weenies.

Bob, You guys still did fairly well last winter didn't you? Not the jackpot, But what did you end up with for a seasonal total?

Normal and that was kills me about perceptions, always compared to the other guy. NNE is at normal too, getting screwed,LOL, last year was NNE getting screwed. March will be EPIC in NNE lock that up.

I want to see how the confluence over NNE and the amplification/downstream ridging with the southern stream s/w trends with time.

As for snow...aren't you at LSC? LSC is in an awful snow shadow so most events will suck for you. Hope you enjoyed the -30s though. :lol:

Correct lol we do ok actually. Got 9" 2 weeks ago while sne and cne rained and sleeted

I think I was right at my season average. 38-40"

Thats already in the rearview mirror and you could possibly double that if things continue to work out the way they have down your way, My buddy lives in wrentham, But he is always up here in maine because he can't do any riding in his area but he says you guys snowpack is incredible.. :snowman:

Normal and that was kills me about perceptions, always compared to the other guy. NNE is at normal too, getting screwed,LOL, last year was NNE getting screwed. March will be EPIC in NNE lock that up.

As the season moves along odds go up here considerably just because of seasonal trends....

:lol: I was wondering why you replied you wouldn't be surprised. Not like you to Eeyore at D6.

Thats why i really have not been all that disappointed about missing storms, We have plenty on the ground for my recreational purposes, Although i would never discourage a major dumping.....lol

I know it's early and will likely get crucified for asking, but any thoughts on the amount of potential snowfall next week? I saw wbz said maybe 6 to 9 in their weather blog, but there was still a lot of uncertainty...

I wouldn't even want to venture to guess. Who knows if it's all snow.

All true, until one gets to "NE NNE". CAR is 22" below avg for this point in the season, has only 7" on the ground, and is still +5F for Jan despite the recent cold wx. Vim Toot's description of conditions in potatoland, on the NNE thread, is classic.

My problem is that this may be a screwed east or screwed west kind of winter. This could whiff out to sea again or it could cut so much thaty ENY still gets a mess. So I'm unclear on whether I should root for the models with the cutter tracks at this point.

Euro might taint us on this run. Its pretty jacked up in the southern/central plains thru 108h

Archived