Newest Member
    northernriwx
Epic winter signal continues to beam

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not over yet.

CMC is way south and east compared to 0z, GFS is always SE, ensembles the same way. I just can't see this turning into a moderate snow event for all of NNE. Maybe southern VT and NH, but not out in my neck of the woods. I'm expecting to see the EURO trend slight south compared to 0z, which did actually give NNE .3-.7" qpf depending on location (6-12" with temps in the low teens). Whats your take dendrite?

Unbelievable. NNE will get screwed out of another one next week.

the trough becomes elongated and stretched out in the west, resulting in energy coming out in pieces and if thats the case, as the latest models indicate....then yeah, it will be a miss, with such a strong PV in place.

if the energy is more consoidated and there can be more 'phasing', then NNE would def get into the game

its too early to say which one plays out, but hard to bet against the past 2 yrs persistence for our area.....of course im talking of Norttern regions ART-BTV-northern maine

the trough becomes elongated and stretched out in the west, resulting in energy coming out in pieces and if thats the case, as the latest models indicate....then yeah, it will be a miss, with such a strong PV in place.

if the energy is more consoidated and there can be more 'phasing', then NNE would def get into the game

its too early to say which one plays out, but hard to bet against the past 2 yrs persistence for our area.....of course im talking of Norttern regions ART-BTV-northern maine

Yeah I'm 10 miles north of St. J, VT. We get little snows, but have only 2 real synoptic snows this year.

Unbelievable. NNE will get screwed out of another one next week.

Yep. MA/SNE jackpot while NNE gets fringed at best. Lock it up. Even with a completely different setup (overrunning vs. a wound-up snow bomb), we can't catch a break. I've actually done OK here compared with last year, but I've only had one double-digit total and snow depth is "only" 16". Places farther north have really been screwed. Obviously still plenty of time for the solution to change, but it's certainly nothing to be excited about at this point. At least we haven't completely wasted the prolonged cold, and there are no obvious torches in sight.

Very true, but lately everything that has looked good for NNE has either totally missed or given us fluffy bullshyt snows.

As someone who's been on the other side of the snow stink zone too.....can probably begin to see how this is trending. The wrapped up solutions will fall SE I think in time and in the end we'll be talking about the same general areas again +/- 75 miles.

The motherload of cold in eastern canada wont be denied...no storm I don't think is going to run up against it well west.

CMC is way south and east compared to 0z, GFS is always SE, ensembles the same way. I just can't see this turning into a moderate snow event for all of NNE. Maybe southern VT and NH, but not out in my neck of the woods. I'm expecting to see the EURO trend slight south compared to 0z, which did actually give NNE .3-.7" qpf depending on location (6-12" with temps in the low teens). Whats your take dendrite?

I want to see how the confluence over NNE and the amplification/downstream ridging with the southern stream s/w trends with time.

As for snow...aren't you at LSC? LSC is in an awful snow shadow so most events will suck for you. Hope you enjoyed the -30s though. :lol:

I want to see how the confluence over NNE and the amplification/downstream ridging with the southern stream s/w trends with time.

As for snow...aren't you at LSC? LSC is in an awful snow shadow so most events will suck for you. Hope you enjoyed the -30s though. :lol:

His location thru me off, I see it is CT but he is talking about NNE missing out on snow until i see he is in VT.... :whistle:

We said that last winter for us while the M.A. was being torn a new one. :whistle:

Well true, but without a big block to the north, one of them should hit sooner or later up there. Obviously we can't see into the future, but the chances of something up there increase without a block. Besides the GFS gives them a decent snow event. It's very possible this could tick north.

Eh, these situations should always get the attention of people up your way. Maybe it hits here, but it's inevitably your turn sooner or later.

Scott, I am quite content with what we have here really for snowpack, IF we had no snow then i would be crowing, We have a decent snowpack and we are retaining it, Trails have been great here for riding, If we get more thats all the better, If not, As long as it stays cold we should be all set.... :snowman:

Archived