gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco/Obs - Gametime

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if you were aware of this, but penis jokes are, shall we say, something of a trademark to the SNE crew.

Trying to stem them is about as advisable as pissing against a stiff wind.

Here, we chuck weenies.

Still tasteless and still tiresome.

I'd like to interest my 10 year old little girl in wx science. This site should be a safer place to do so.

Vim Toot

Hope everybody cashes in tonight. This board is one hell of a lot of fun when everyone shares the wealth. I wonder if I'm going to get a lull to do the driveway later. I'm thinking another solid band is heading in. Need to get my wife/daughter home from the doctor and then I'll relax.

Yea I am doing that in the LULL period, old man stuff ya know. i just was outside and did the walkway to the house, pure fluff . I have a four foot fenced in front yard for the dogs 125 by 80, the snow is nearly halfway up the fence pretty uniformly. Nearing 20 for depth, back yard in the shade is buried, knee deep. Amazing. I knocked down the piles on the sidewalk and spread it around the foundation for insulation. Need the room.

Lots of lightning way offshore NC...

Lots of lightning in N VA too but it doesnt seem to be robbing the system of any juice whatsoever yet - we'll see as it moves east but u gotta admit this is looking really healthy. I know from recent events that you look extremely hard for things that could potentially go wrong (not that you want them to go wrong don't take that the wrong way) but this one has much more going right for it than wrong at the moment, and it flies in the face of a lot of model guidance within the last 6 and 12 hours.

Was this supposed to already be down to 997mb?

http://www.spc.noaa....r.php?sector=17#

About 995 at 21z was the new nam forecast

eta_cprese_h03.gif

how much do you have now?

Phil 1.4" out back but that's a little shielded I need to measure out front. Wind is blowing here. Will measure in a few, I'm guessing it'll average to about 1.5/1.6 Temp has continued to drop, 31.8 and no signs at all of sleet like earlier.

I'd like to interest my 10 year old little girl in wx science. This site should be a safer place to do so.

Vim Toot

And now that you figure it isn't, rather than telling everyone who's been here for years to change what they've been doing for years, perhaps you should guide her in another direction.

Phil 1.4" out back but that's a little shielded I need to measure out front. Wind is blowing here. Will measure in a few, I'm guessing it'll average to about 1.5/1.6 Temp has continued to drop, 31.8 and no signs at all of sleet like earlier.

thanks.

i think you might be done with the sleet option. maybe you mix some this evening when this initial slug of moisture lifts through and things quiet down or whatnot, but this is (imo) predominantly snow now for most of the upper cape etc.

Vim Toot

Accuweather teenager forum is great for that. This is a little too adult. If you really want her interested in WX science send her to the University Of Illinois online tutorials. Chat rooms are not places for kids.

HOLY huge aggregates again

Lots of lightning in N VA too but it doesnt seem to be robbing the system of any juice whatsoever yet - we'll see as it moves east but u gotta admit this is looking really healthy. I know from recent events that you look extremely hard for things that could potentially go wrong (not that you want them to go wrong don't take that the wrong way) but this one has much more going right for it than wrong at the moment, and it flies in the face of a lot of model guidance within the last 6 and 12 hours.

The ARW/NMM illustrations were just that...illustrations. It's not looking for something to go wrong, it's looking at all the possibilities.

So we're coming at it from the same viewpoint what do you see that's changed for tonight that isn't the 18z NAM? I'm not following the other threads....

Thanks!

And now that you figure it isn't, rather than telling everyone who's been here for years to change what they've been doing for years, perhaps you should guide her in another direction.

Accuweather teenager forum is great for that. This is a little too adult. If you really want her interested in WX science send her to the University Of Illinois online tutorials. Chat rooms are not places for kids.

HOLY huge aggregates again

+100 to both of you!. My sentiments exactly.

The key is to get into that inflow area that's currently near DC and right on the deformation axis lining up from ctrl PA into WV, where it deforms to the north and south. We should watch how that progresses to the ne.

You can see the inflow very nicely!

http://rap.ucar.edu/weather/radar/displayRad.php?icao=KDOX∏=n0r&bkgr=black&endDate=20110126&endTime=-1&duration=1

Gotta say, the upstream radar is pretty damn impressive. Filling in very nicely in NE PA as well. Going to be an interesting afternoon.

Wonder if that heavy dBZ in MD is sleet reflection or convection. Impressive if the latter.

Dom I'm feeling really confident we see some type of deformation band up our way per the ruc... teens just to our north.. 30s to our south.. that screams convergence

Archived