e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco/Obs - Gametime

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<br />There's gonna be some sick snowbands tonight over the interior as the CCB cranks and sits overhead..and depending on where the pivot happens determines who gets over  a foot<br />
<br /><br /><br />I would think maybe near Taunton, PVD, etc... not this far west.

Not sure about how their model works...

My wife told me and she is no weenie

<br />You can see the inflow very nicely!<br /><br /><a href='http://rap.ucar.edu/weather/radar/displayRad.php?icao=KDOX&prod=n0r&bkgr=black&endDate=20110126&endTime=-1&duration=1' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://rap.ucar.edu/...e=-1&duration=1</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />

But ULL looks to be moving due east there. Need that thing to turn more NE and soon

On other sites I'm hearing talk of phasing and 6"/hour snow -- that this thing is just going to explode and barrel North. Thoughts?

Looks like it's filling in if you squint really, really hard and hold your breath.

Going to be a bit of a wait now beyond the patchwork snows.

Last frame of the w/v m/l resumed a more ENE course.

RUC forecast for 4z from 2 hours ago and current.

Note that 2 hours ago it had a pretty good band of snow over Albany, that and the entire thing to the NW slipped SE. It's definitely come some right ideas, but it's been running a bit too far NW each cycle and slowly corrects.

Wow is that awful. No way in hell does the radar look even close to that. Instead of Albany to Montpelier, that band will be Hartford to Worcester.

God that is an awful model.

Be only a 1-3 hour lull...by 7-9 it should start to band up again right over us.

That is fine with me for now...I'm taking the time to clear the round 1/bonus round snow out for the big show later. I think anything substantial falling now might actually start to be a mix anyways with the WAA. Personally I have had 100% SN all day which is quite a surprise - one of the many.

Archived