Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31.5 light rain. BRING ON THE PUKING SNOWFALL RATES!!! :popcorn:

We got the goods this a.m. while everyone else waited. It's only fair we wait our turn --- but it's getting harder and harder to wait!

I think your temps seem a little low. Wxunderground has 32,9. I have 34 just south of Towson. Very light rain here - maybe we'll get most of our qpf as snow

30 degrees with pouring snow driven by a relentless NE wind that is gusting at times to near 20 mph, blowing the huge flakes sideways!!!! WOW WHAT A STORM!!!!! At least a half inch of fresh snow, closing on an inch.

As to snow amts - I request corroboration from Stormpc and noreaster, two posters in Dale City. I am a snow weenie and given to troll reports - Just ask wxtrix. She is correct. I am also given to severe snow hallucinations due to an exorbitant case of weenieism.

I may be three quarters of an inch to near an inch of snow accumulation - Please advise.

This is one of my fave snow songs for all-time - Turn it way up for full effect

I have a secret to keeping my windshield clear in this type of weather... shhhh, I'll whisper it......I keep my cars in a nice warm garage.

Anyway, JUST started snowing here in Rockville. middle sized flakes. Me being a dummy almost missed it reading all the other obs coming in.

Showoff with the garage!!:P

Well, I used to live on Capitol Hill, only onstreet parking. I still have to park outside where I'm at now (parking lot), but it's a whole lot better than on the street!

Got some decent flakes here, some of them are Hugh Jass ones, too ("Simpsons" reference there)!:lol:

Amazing sight here at Union Station... mostly sleet and a little rain, and then there are 5 or 6 massive golfball sized flakes floating around at any given time. It looks like someone threw a couple pieces of large confetti off the roof...

Thats what happened here before uber snow took over. Should be about 20min for you if our dynamics are the same.

Archived