Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

32.5 in Elkton,per my weather station. just a light mist right now .Winds have picked up a bit. Any other North EAstern MD people in here? If so what are you seeing?

I'm a bit south and west of you, but somewhat close--right at freezing here, precip picking up and changing over from mostly rain to sleet with a few flakes occasionally mixed in. That combined with radar makes me think we're in a sweet spot for changeover just as the good precip/high QPF arrives.

It looks to me as though it's pivoting and setting up the heaviest band right over DC...that's just what I'm seeing with my untrained eyes though.

i think the models were generally indicating that with their max qpf so hopefully :)

I can corroborate that, same thing where I'm at in Silver Spring (not far from Rock Creek Park/Chevy Chase, about a mile west of Colesville Rd.).

Just took a Jebwalk and took a few pictures...moderate to heavy snow, large flakes, turning white (though it's kind of slushy) everywhere right now.

Yup. Big, fat flakes...coming down very hard. It's a very handsome snow. Worth it.

Archived