joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man i'd hate to be GSP today...they have got their hands full and then some now.

I feel bad for you mods.  There's could be a melt-down in the MA forums come 00z tonight or 12z tomorrow.  The influx of newer people coming on from all the Twitter/Facebook posts.  Struggling times ahead.

So, how do you reconcile this post:

with this post?

You were totally trolling yesterday, huh?

Why do you think no one bothers with his posts? He chirps in, never responds to challenges and continues to give "bold" and "insightful" predictions that no one listens to.

So, how do you reconcile this post:

with this post?

You were totally trolling yesterday, huh?

This can still go back to the north and I thought it would have started by now. It's beginning to look like CAD will play a big part in this though, and that's why I'm thinking ice into SC now, unless it trends well off to the north. 

Promised I wouldn't let myself get sucked in this winter...sigh....

Just please no more sleet.  I had a lifetimes supply of it last winter.  I'll take my big ice storm and be happy with it.  A few inches of snow on top would be gravy.  I fully expect to be hovering around 32.2°.  Close enough to make me want to punch holes in the walls.

Temperatures recover briefly on Thursday, making it to the mid-40s under mostly cloudy skies, but the chill returns for Friday and Saturday. With the colder air comes a cold rain, mixed with some snowflakes on Friday.  Saturday boasts a better chance of light snow, but highs will be above freezing both days, hampering snow accumulation.  We don’t have a lot of model data yet on this approaching storm, so use the forecast as a guideline rather than a definitive forecast.

per WXII lol

You are sitting pretty. My wife will kill me, but if northern Catawba County gets a forecast for something like modeled I'm going to drag her and the dogs to my parents. Screw 15-18", I'd have to experience 2'+.

I'd like to think so, but I'm still trying my best to keep my expectations tempered.  Six inches of snowfall with some ice to top it off would be great, but I too have never experienced two feet worth of snow.  The most I ever experienced was about 1.5 feet during the blizzard of '93 in Lenoir, NC.  Loved it!

This can still go back to the north and I thought it would have started by now. It's beginning to look like CAD will play a big part in this though, and that's why I'm thinking ice into SC now, unless it trends well off to the north. 

Of course it can, which is why you should avoid making such sweeping prognostications by fiat.  Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but it's the way that the opinion is delivered that makes all the difference.

man i'd hate to be GSP today...they have got their hands full and then some now.

Yeah they will more than earn their money over the next few days. Tons of different things to look at with the CWA going from north of I-40 in SC down to Abbeville and Elberton, not to mention the mountains. It'll be almost impossible for them to get the forecast right for all of this area when 1-2 degrees can make all the difference. It may not be too easy for the Atlanta office either, but they can probably go with rain and be safe from Atlanta and Athens on to the south.

I'm worried about the sun angle though!  :whistle:

If we can get all the weenies on the board to stand up and run to the north side of whatever room they are in we can probably cause the earth to wobble enough to put the sun angle back to Dec. 21.

I'm out for a while guys.  Hold down the fort.

Archived