joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So very close to saying forget this winter and bring on Sunner at this point.

Such awful weather (Siberian airmass, LE clouds and relatively dry NW flow)...

The rest of Canada might agree with you soon. Though not because the lack of snow but because we might blow a 5-1 lead against Russia in hockey for the 2nd time in 5 years. Canada will want summer to forget about hockey. 

this clipper would have been 3 pages max last season.....what a difference a year makes....

lol, we had so many small events last winter that we just put them in week long threads. Those were the days...when it snowed just because it was a new day. I'll cherish it forever. :D

So very close to saying forget this winter and bring on Summer at this point.

Such awful weather (Siberian airmass, LE clouds and relatively dry NW flow)...

Winter 2015-2016 ftw. La Nina ftw? 

This Winter sucks. Had it not been for that Dec 11th storm here in Toronto, I would've lost it by now. 

lol, we had so many small events last winter that we just put them in week long threads. Those were the days...when it snowed just because it was a new day. I'll cherish it forever. :D

It seemed that were at least mood flakes on a daily basis. Someone would sneeze and I'd say, "You're gonna make it snow!"

WTF is wrong with the models? How can we butcher storm after storm?

Wouldn't be nearly as annoyed had I not seen days of reasonable model consensus of a high ratio event, only to get sugar snow which amounted to nothing.

Add in the long range crapshoot, and I am going on meltdown alert...

Get a grip. We don't do meltdown. It was a clipper and it was not necessarily mis modeled. It was moving further south of us over the past 36 hours. Winter always looked cold, but dry with some periods of relaxation. Here we are. Last winter historic-this winter not. Have a cup of cocoa and enjoy the cold.

Call here was for 2-5. Got 2.5.

Get a grip. We don't do meltdown. It was a clipper and it was not necessarily mis modeled. It was moving further south of us over the past 36 hours. Winter always looked cold, but dry with some periods of relaxation. Here we are. Last winter historic-this winter not. Have a cup of cocoa and enjoy the cold.

I do enjoy me a good cold snap.

I will agree on the track side of things, the models sniffed that out 36 hours ago. The annoying issue is the over modeled strength (I know. It's a clipper. I should have expected this) and the soundings/dgz forecasts that looked quite nice up to the event. I think it's fair to say the models whiffed hard on the ratios for this setup.

lol. Wrong thread. Wrong bb.

Lol-- definirely historic, just in a different way.

yep

52 to Lebanon to get to 65. After that though, good luck. :D

Enjoy the trip to Phoenix!

Made it to IND. 52 had one lane mostly clear, though had ground whiteout conditions in open areas. Quite pretty really... fields had classic waves of drifts forming. 65 was good, except for the semi that decided to crash into a guardrail at Lebanon...

Made it to IND. 52 had one lane mostly clear, though had ground whiteout conditions in open areas. Quite pretty really... fields had classic waves of drifts forming. 65 was good, except for the semi that decided to crash into a guardrail at Lebanon...

Very good. I was wondering how you fared. Hope the flight is smooth, and enjoy the relative heat of PHX.

Archived