Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

way to bury the lede

One of the semis was hauling 40,000 pounds of fireworks. The fireworks are launching on the scene. 

:lmao::yikes:

Miami sucks. The Keys on the other hand is the place to be in the FLA

Visited keys for a day, it was cool. But yeah Miami is a party place.

The weather was phenomenal tho! Here is picture from my balcony, and just on one day we had a nice little storm off coast.! :)

post-1161-0-75478900-1420827545_thumb.jp

post-1161-0-57495200-1420827670_thumb.jp

Winter has been kinda blah but it could be worse, at least around here.  Outside of some lake effect areas, I'd bet we are doing about as well as anyone relative to climo.  Just had the 6" clipper and depending on how much falls this weekend, we could be over halfway to the average seasonal snowfall.  Hoping for a big one at some point. 

Aleks torch is legit. Crappy winter so far and looks to get even worse.

Ill believe it when I see it. Its 10 days away and even then the 850s are a lot more impressive than the surface temps. Surely isn't a torch as of now and January is looking nice and white.

December was a disaster but November and January have been solid winter months. No big storm yet but hopefully ma natures saving one or two for winters second half.

Winter has been kinda blah but it could be worse, at least around here. Outside of some lake effect areas, I'd bet we are doing about as well as anyone relative to climo. Just had the 6" clipper and depending on how much falls this weekend, we could be over halfway to the average seasonal snowfall. Hoping for a big one at some point.

agree. This winter hasn't been good but its not terrible. Unless winter is code for December. Especially liking that it looks and feels like mid-winter despite no biggie yet

Ill believe it when I see it. Its 10 days away and even then the 850s are a lot more impressive than the surface temps. Surely isn't a torch as of now and January is looking nice and white.

December was a disaster but November and January have been solid winter months. No big storm yet but hopefully ma natures saving one or two for winters second half.

We had mild deniers all throughout Dec. It was 51 on Christmas Eve.

Today was awful. Leaving Westland back to Toledo I had to take US-12 to I-94 to US-23 since 75 South was closed in Monroe. Of course I hit an intense snow squall just north of Milan and a 50 car pileup took place. Was stuck for over an hour until I made my way to the shoulder and hopped back on the the northbound freeway. Then had to go back towards the airport and back down 275 and 75. What a mess

We had mild deniers all throughout Dec. It was 51 on Christmas Eve.

December was mild, but nowhere near record mild (there were more than enough cold days to snow). Is it a wonder there were deniers? The supposed torch was pushed back back and greatly muted from what it initially looked like (then that storm drew warm air north Christmas Eve and made that warmer than the actual "torch") but if you recall originally we thought early December was to torch and instead we were at a colder than normal temp depature halfway through the month. December sucked because it didnt snow. We had no problem having day after day of snowfall in November and now again in January, but it was like torture to get ma nature to squeeze out a flake in December. Thats what makes December stick out like an ugly, sore thumb.

Also I recall one Euro run sometime back that was torching at 240 that a few panicked over, and instead we will end up being WAY below normal during that time. WIll it torch later in Jan? Maybe, maybe not. We should at the very least get a Jan thaw, as its very rare not too. But in the mean time the deep freeze and winter wonderland is here to stay, lets just hope we add to it.

Archived