• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

Very cool, can you tell me me what kind of equipment and technique you used?

Fantastic work, Hvward!  Beautiful pictures, good choice in music, and a good length.  Your time lapses are superb, and I like how you do the slow zoom as well.

Thanks guys!!  Marietta I have a typical DSLR camera(Nikon D3100 very entry level), a fantastic lens (Tokina 11-16mm), and a great program called Panolapse that complies the time-lapses and puts the zoom on so I don't have to buy or carry around rails to get the moving effect.  I like to do 4 second intervals and very my f stop but usually have the shutter open for at least 1/4 seconds because it puts a neat effect on the clouds.  The sunset at the beginning is 10 sec intervals though but that is the only one that isn't 4 I believe.  Usually I set my camera up and put my intervalometer on 4 secs and leave it for about 20 minutes.  That gives me 300 pictures which equates to a 10-sec time-lapse @30 frames per second.  If you guys have any other questions or want to do attempt it, I would be more then happy to help.  I just started less then a year ago and anyone can do it, it just takes a lot of patience.  It is truly the best way imo to remember the places you have been!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw on facebook that big upgrades are coming to the GFS (probably old news here). SV has access to it so I'll be checking it out to see how it differs from the current GFS. 

It's supposed to be great.  I believe it goes operational on December 17th?  Wxbell and tropical tidbits have it also.  Tropical tidbits being the best free source I know of.

Just saw on facebook that big upgrades are coming to the GFS (probably old news here). SV has access to it so I'll be checking it out to see how it differs from the current GFS. 

It seems like every time a model has an "upgrade" it still has the same biases and still ranks the same when compared to the other models.  Does anyone have the link handy that shows how the models have been performing recently.  It's usually Euro, GFS, UKMET, Canadian, right?

Here's some off the wall banter for y'all! Raleigh area folks will appreciate it.

Earlier this afternoon, I had to take my wife out for a routine post-op Dr. visit. From here, 6 miles East of Clayton, through town on Bus. 70, on to 40/440, up and around the Beltline to exit 5, down Lake Boone Trail, 2 blocks past Rex Hospital. Never hit a red or yellow traffic light, never had to bring the car to a complete stop the entire trip!!! 32.4 miles in 41 minutes!!!

Downside, we ended up 25 minutes early for her appointment, so she had to sit and squirm in her wheelchair in all that extra time :( Good news, though - the surgeon doesn't want to see her for another year as long as things continue well for her :)

So , we are inside two weeks from the DD2 get together! What's the haps? Is it gonna be snowed out ? That would have to be one of the most ironic situations ever! A wxgeek gtg gets postponed or cancelled due to snow in CLT , in November, cue Alanis Morisette!! :). :)

The cold appears to be here about then, just need the moisture!

Here's some off the wall banter for y'all! Raleigh area folks will appreciate it.

Earlier this afternoon, I had to take my wife out for a routine post-op Dr. visit. From here, 6 miles East of Clayton, through town on Bus. 70, on to 40/440, up and around the Beltline to exit 5, down Lake Boone Trail, 2 blocks past Rex Hospital. Never hit a red or yellow traffic light, never had to bring the car to a complete stop the entire trip!!! 32.4 miles in 41 minutes!!!

Downside, we ended up 25 minutes early for her appointment, so she had to sit and squirm in her wheelchair in all that extra time :( Good news, though - the surgeon doesn't want to see her for another year as long as things continue well for her :)

That's amazing. The only time I've pulled something like that off was late at night. Even then, one or two lights may have been "questionably not red" :)

( Good news, though - the surgeon doesn't want to see her for another year as long as things continue well for her :)

Good news. I remember well my first, "see you in a year" after a period of monthly doctor visits for my heart issues. Feeling so good these days, I wouldn't go back at all if the SOBs wouldn't cut off my prescriptions. :)

It sure does for Atlanta. I'd say that's plenty of samples.

It's not scientific, period.  The current ESNO is not even weak nino yet, it may end up there but are we basing this on the current state or weak nino?  Also what constitutes a normal or cold November or a normal/cold/warm winter?  The stats don't prove anything.  I hate to be that harsh but they are of no predictive value as you can manipulate those numbers a bunch of different ways and come out with a different look.

Archived