Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
iCyclone Typhoon Chasing Expedition - Fall 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know of any stadium effect eyewall pictures ever taken from the ground.  I have told Josh many times that would be a million dollar shot.  Wow, to be in a daytime eye and get pictures of the one of the strongest (or strongest) storms ever to hit the planet is just an epic feat!  I know I am nervous for him but for a life long chaser he may achieve the ultimate feat.  I am wishing him luck, what an adventure he will have the next few hours.  He may never want to chase Cat's 1 and 2's again.  Good luck Josh! Does anyone know the exact location in Talcoban City he is in?

TXPQ25 KNES 072114
TCSWNP

A. 31W (HAIYAN)

B. 07/2030Z

C. 10.8N

D. 125.9E

E. ONE/MTSAT

F. T8.0/8.0/D0.5/24HRS

G. IR/EIR/SWIR

H. REMARKS...WMG EYE IS EMBEDDED IN AND SURROUNDED BY CDG WHICH YIELDS A
DT=7.5 AFTER PLUS 1.0 IS ADDED FOR AN EYE ADJUSTMENT. THE DVORAK TECHNIQUE
MAKES NO ALLOWANCE FOR AN EYE EMBEDDED SO DEEPLY (ABOUT 1.5 DEGREES) IN
CLOUD TOPS AS COLD AS CDG SO THE DT IS DISCOUNTED. ADT V8.1.4 CONTINUES
TO REPORT CURRENT INTENSITIES OF 8.0. FT IS BASED ON MET.

I. ADDL POSITIONS

NIL

...MCCARTHY

Maintaining CI8.0 for more than 8 hours

2013NOV07 205700 8.0 884.6 170.0 8.0 8.0 8.0 NO LIMIT OFF OFF 19.13 -84.09 EYE

I do not know of any stadium effect eyewall pictures ever taken from the ground.  I have told Josh many times that would be a million dollar shot.  Wow, to be in a daytime eye and get pictures of the one of the strongest (or strongest) storms ever to hit the planet is just an epic feat!  I know I am nervous for him but for a life long chaser he may achieve the ultimate feat.  I am wishing him luck, what an adventure he will have the next few hours.  He may never want to chase Cat's 1 and 2's again.  Good luck Josh! Does anyone know the exact location in Talcoban City he is in?

11.242N 125.003E

From FB:

6:30 am. Gusts getting violent-- flying tin and branches. Some gusts have an unearthly, feminine howl that gives me the creeps. 974.6 mb and falling. Might be my last update.

"Might be my last update"

... for a while

Hopefully. ;)

Archived