joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.7" in the early November event...few tenths with the fropa the other night...and it has been snowing all morning. Bunch of traces besides those. Nothing epic, but it's better than some recent Novembers.

The cam hasn't even shipped yet. They had a huge response and went out of stock so I'm left waiting for a little while.

I'm going to make a thread one of these days about my remote sensing projects. Cool stuff (at least to me).

I'm thinking of setting up a cam as well--would like one at my station but I don't think they make wireless ones for outdoor use (do they?).

1.7" in the early November event...few tenths with the fropa the other night...and it has been snowing all morning. Bunch of traces besides those. Nothing epic, but it's better than some recent Novembers.

The cam hasn't even shipped yet. They had a huge response and went out of stock so I'm left waiting for a little while.

I'm going to make a thread one of these days about my remote sensing projects. Cool stuff (at least to me).

nice you should put live links in to your remote sensors. what is soil temp right now?

Another Phail for Euro qpf..3rd storm in a row ..Tossed from here on out

I don't think it ever had no precip. It was just light amounts...< 0.05" type of deal for most. I understand your point though...it wasn't great. Some of those NAM/SREFs runs were a little overzealous too 2-3 days ago so a blend was probably the best way to go.

nice you should put live links in to your remote sensors. what is soil temp right now?

I know some like to troll my soil temps, but it's 36F @ 6" I think...I'm on the iPad though and not the PC to check, but 36F was the reading last night and it doesn't change much this time of year.

The new sensor attempts will be nighttime cloud cover, visibility sensor, snowflake reflectance/detection, hail sensor, and a snowdepth sensor using a higher end sonar. Basically a lot of acoustic and optics tinkering.

Good half inch now. Maybe I can grab an inch with this band.

Very good chance you will...that band is strengthening as it heads east...probably running into a bit stronger inflow at about 900mb. Some pretty neat low level processes going on right now.

Well I think maybe until evening? Models are really struggling...even the ones that did well with this so I think maybe until dusk or a little after there? If no precip falling, I could see you hitting 32 late today.

ORH on the other hand may be below freezing for a while. The warmer air will slowly move in from the east and south.

Nice ESE flow around 15-20kts at that level on TDWR VAD.

Yeah that is perfect...esp when overrunning a nice cold dome right near the sfc. You get these nice weenie snows that turn into fairly efficient accumulators....meaning it doesn't take much QPF to get an inch or two. We probably have had like 14 to 1 or 15 to 1 ratios thus far. If the airmass was a smidge colder, probably 25 to 1 could happen like on 12/20/08

Yeah that is perfect...esp when overrunning a nice cold dome right near the sfc. You get these nice weenie snows that turn into fairly efficient accumulators....meaning it doesn't take much QPF to get an inch or two. We probably have had like 14 to 1 or 15 to 1 ratios thus far. If the airmass was a smidge colder, probably 25 to 1 could happen like on 12/20/08

Big flakes mixed in now. I took a look outside and the half inch OTG is really in the form of great dendrites.

Archived