• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Thread

mreaves

No, The same, About .10" on the euro, But i would go with the meso models on this one, GFS and NAM are both trending stronger, We will see if the Euro comes around, It has not been doing well lately..

Ok, thanks. A little disheartening but as you say Doc has not been infallible this year. At least there's snow on the way no matter how you look at it.

Now it's back to the salt mines for me ...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, thanks. A little disheartening but as you say Doc has not been infallible this year. At least there's snow on the way no matter how you look at it.

Now it's back to the salt mines for me ...

Yes, Any snow is good snow, Euro really mutes the warmup next week up here, Maybe 1 day, We will lock that in....lol

Nice. Didn't get near sub-zero last night or the night before. Only 7F for a low here last night thanks to orographic clouds, flurries and snow showers.

I've noticed the fairly tight morning temperature gradient across VT from west to east these past couple mornings. For some reason or another, the CT River drainage, on both sides, has been a cold spot the past few morns...

Yes, Any snow is good snow, Euro really mutes the warmup next week up here, Maybe 1 day, We will lock that in....lol

Holy crap! I get back from PA and it's like the whole of SNE is ready to commit suicide. At least the tempo in here is a little more upbeat.

I'm for a muted warmup and a few inches of snow before hand.

23.4°F

GFS and CMC generally have the same idea. Seems like we're beefing up the QPF, of which I have an admitted fetish, SCOTT.

Holy crap! I get back from PA and it's like the whole of SNE is ready to commit suicide. At least the tempo in here is a little more upbeat.

I'm for a muted warm up and a few inches of snow before hand.

23.4°F

Yes, These clippers over perform typically and can drop some sneaky higher total snows then modeled.. :drunk:

:lol:

MPM and I could hold hands and cry as this clipper seems to be trending north today. Alas! I am having a difficult time getting trends to go my way this year.

Well if we get a gradient pattern after next week...you could be playing naked twister in your front yard. I'd be happy with your location.

Wondering if we'll drop down below zero for the fourth consecutive. Down to 7F now but with high clouds off to the southwest and a big ol' ring around the moon, not sure we'll get there...

Hiking this weekend up on Lafayette, in the Whites....should be a hoot and a holler. Hopefully not too ridiculously cold...just windy enough to make it wild, but not so strong so I dont get slammed into the mountain wall....again. lol

Nice--enjoy. Hoping to get out somewhere myself. Certainly the time to do it, if one can. Saw Moosilauke on my way home--a hovering, white, rimmed up ghost looming to the west. Mid Winter!

I think will have to be bumped south ...or at least on the high reas models you'll see a solid line of .5-.75 all along the green spine. Orographics are going to help a great deal.

Sounds good. We don't do as well as the spine itself here, but this knot of hills in Orange County is usually good for sloppy seconds with upslope stuff. That calls for a pimp. :pimp:

Yup. Congrats Vim Toot! Looks like a coating to an inch for me.

Yup. Jayhawk, I'm taking your prediction to the bank.

Via snowmobile. Riding the Andy Santerre charity run today up here.

Wonder where old Drydude is riding today?

Also, -28f in Van Halen yesterday just up Rt#1 from me. -11 here last night.

One of the great things about snow up here- what we get we keep.

Vim Toot!

Didn't make zero last night. Got as close as 3F--up to 7F now.

Here's to a few inches of fresh between now & Monday!

Snowing lightly but steadily here at Topnotch on the Mountain Road in Stowe... orographic in nature as snow increases as you head towards Mansfield. Roads dusted up, maybe a 1/4" on the cars so far but flake size has increased nicely.

Mansfield is hidden behind its white wall of falling snow.

Meso-scale models showing .1-.25" today so hopefully we can pull a couple inches... 3" if we are really lucky.

Nice appetizer event before the clipper.

Zone forecast:

TODAY: Light snow developing. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Highs in the upper 20s. South winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming west this afternoon. Gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.

Archived