joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Thread

mreaves

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My loss is your gain but I'm glad you're getting dumped on, Toot. Been a tough couple of years in the county.

I'm holding up The County economy best I can.

Took a long sled ride and dropped $65.00 on a 4 lb lobstah at the Long Lake Sporting Club.

Shared it with my kid.

She got the rubbery parts.

And she liked 'em too.

Trailed a miasma of fahts all the way home.

Probably made the unwitting sledders behind me hungry for lobster.

Vim Toot!

Took a long sled ride and dropped $65.00 on a 4 lb lobstah at the Long Lake Sporting Club.

Shared it with my kid.

And she liked 'em too.

Vim Toot!

Toot toot tooting all the way home

Had a min of 15.2F, but up to 18.6F now. There's quite a temp gradient setup across S NH this morning. At 10z ASH was 35F and CON was 16F.

At 1402' to my west on I89 the Springfield RWIS is up to 32.7F with a S wind gusting to 17mph. It shouldn't take too long to skyrocket today.

i was indeed going for the poetry angle.

You are good, very good, Toot.

Shucks. Don't stop.

0600- CAR 17f, PQI 18f.

I'm 6 nm either side so I'll Blizzyfy anf report 15f.

Got an inch of floaters after midnight. Under a pregnant sky this dawn. Fcst now for 8-12"/7-11".

Now, back to your excellent post..... The lazy Mrs. Vim Toot ("Mommy the commie"- intersting story) is still mattressed.

My ego stoked, I think I'll go wake her up.

Vim Toot!

Shucks. Don't stop.

0600- CAR 17f, PQI 18f.

I'm 6 nm either side so I'll Blizzyfy anf report 15f.

Got an inch of floaters after midnight. Under a pregnant sky this dawn. Fcst now for 8-12"/7-11".

Now, back to your excellent post..... The lazy Mrs. Vim Toot ("Mommy the commie"- intersting story) is still mattressed.

My ego stoked, I think I'll go wake her up.

Vim Toot!

I hope no 10 years olds read that....

I hope no 10 years olds read that....

I'm back! That didn't take long.

As Mrs. Vim Toot says, "it's all about you, Mr. Vim Toot!"

And, I didn't think about you at all, Snahk.

Now, get your mind out of the gutter.

No 10 yr-old, even a Vim Tootian, would recognize the very subtle imagery I chose in that post.

Innuendo can be fun when appropriately suggested.

Good taste, Mr. Weenstah. Acquire it.

And I'm not talking about window treatments.

Vim Toot!

Shared it with my kid.

And she liked 'em too.

Vim Toot!

I usually opt for the chicen & ribs.....toot

I'm back! That didn't take long.

As Mrs. Vim Toot says, "it's all about you, Mr. Vim Toot!"

And, I didn't think about you at all, Snahk.

Now, get your mind out of the gutter.

No 10 yr-old, even a Vim Tootian, would recognize the very subtle imagery I chose in that post.

Innuendo can be fun when appropriately suggested.

Good taste, Mr. Weenstah. Acquire it.

And I'm not talking about window treatments.

Vim Toot!

I have no window treatments Tootsie! They block the view of snowscape. I hope your inches continue to grow....

Speaking of impressive snow packs... the Jay Peak cooperative observer has a snow depth of 59", almost 5 feet of depth, and the location of the co-op is at the base of the mountain (1,800ft).

59" snow depth at 1,800ft is fairly impressive... the highest I've seen that co-op get is 100" of settled depth back in December of 2003. That record will be hard to beat, as getting 7-8 feet on the ground before the end of December is no small feat (though I did have my doubts at the time of that reading as even the summit station on Mansfield at 3,700ft didn't come close to that depth.

I do wonder sometimes about the depth readings though because we have the same snow depth at 3,000ft on Mount Mansfield. Jay has been getting a lot of snow but they don't get *that* much more than the rest of the northern Green Mtn upslope region. I'd be curious to hear from Borderwx about the snowpack in the Jay base area. I have no doubt they have at least 3, probably 4 feet on the ground at 1,800ft, but 5 feet seems pretty high.

For comparison, Cole's Pond at over 2,000ft has 33", Mansfield has 30" at 1,500ft; 61" at 3,000ft; 69" at 3,700ft.

...ORLEANS COUNTY...
IRASBURG            0.07    28   8  11                2.4  23
JAY PEAK            0.20    22   1   7   PTLY CLOUDY  5.0  59
NEWPORT             0.06    29   8  10   CLEAR        0.7  25

Speaking of impressive snow packs... the Jay Peak cooperative observer has a snow depth of 59", almost 5 feet of depth, and the location of the co-op is at the base of the mountain (1,800ft).

59" snow depth at 1,800ft is fairly impressive... the highest I've seen that co-op get is 100" of settled depth back in December of 2003. That record will be hard to beat, as getting 7-8 feet on the ground before the end of December is no small feat (though I did have my doubts at the time of that reading as even the summit station on Mansfield at 3,700ft didn't come close to that depth.

I do wonder sometimes about the depth readings though because we have the same snow depth at 3,000ft on Mount Mansfield. Jay has been getting a lot of snow but they don't get *that* much more than the rest of the northern Green Mtn upslope region. I'd be curious to hear from Borderwx about the snowpack in the Jay base area. I have no doubt they have at least 3, probably 4 feet on the ground at 1,800ft, but 5 feet seems pretty high.

For comparison, Cole's Pond at over 2,000ft has 33", Mansfield has 30" at 1,500ft; 61" at 3,000ft; 69" at 3,700ft.

...ORLEANS COUNTY...
IRASBURG            0.07    28   8  11                2.4  23
JAY PEAK            0.20    22   1   7   PTLY CLOUDY  5.0  59
NEWPORT             0.06    29   8  10   CLEAR        0.7  25

Re Jay: I would say 5' at the base is looking glass half full if you know what I mean. I really have no idea where they pull there measurements from around the area so 5' with windloading would be very findable I'm sure, hell I could find 40+ in spots in my yard, but could also find only 20" in others. thers are some amazing micro climates in lee of the range, so depending on where the co-op is 1800' in the right micro zone would not shock me to see 59", I know areas in coventry, westmore, and newark that rival snow depths you find at 2500' on the range - its all with a grain of salt IMO

looking like its gonna be a "sticky" ski this afternoon :thumbsdown:

The food protocol when visiting the county for snowmobiling, Washburn Clubhouse for breakfast, Lakeview Rest for lunch and the Sporting Club for dinner, The way life should be... :thumbsup:

Those fibbers at CAR just raised it to 9-15".

Radar showing an E-W band forming with the beginning of a pivot axis swinging counter-clockwise (of course...) hinge-ing (hinging/hingeing both dont look right) right over Vim Tooterville.

21f. 3" new.

Vim Toot!

Those fibbers at CAR just raised it to 9-15".

Radar showing an E-W band forming with the beginning of a pivot axis swinging counter-clockwise (of course...) hinge-ing (hinging/hingeing both dont look right) right over Vim Tooterville.

21f. 3" new.

Vim Toot!

Congrats, I think you see 12" realistically

Archived