Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Thread

mreaves

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice I stopped bitchin?

I promise to never ever complain about other people getting snow, undeserving as they are...

Unless I change my mind later.

The stinkin snow is soft and bottomless. Lots of stuckage putting in the trail system I maintain for my neighbors. And me.

But I like it!

168004_199748193375685_100000215188100_864697_6228474_n.jpg

179812_199748160042355_100000215188100_864696_8096923_n.jpg

Vim Toot!

What have you received today Mr Vomit? Looks spectacular!

Notice I stopped bitchin?

I promise to never ever complain about other people getting snow, undeserving as they are...

Unless I change my mind later.

The stinkin snow is soft and bottomless. Lots of stuckage putting in the trail system I maintain for my neighbors. And me.

But I like it!

168004_199748193375685_100000215188100_864697_6228474_n.jpg

179812_199748160042355_100000215188100_864696_8096923_n.jpg

Vim Toot!

Lot of huffing and puffing pulling them out....lol

Wow, mountain snow showers mixed with lake effect from Ontario has had it dumping here this morning and there's nothing on radar.

I only had 0.8" at 800ft in Stowe, but up here at 1,500ft at the base of Mansfield there is just over 2" of new snow and the groomers are reporting 4-5" up high above 3,000ft. They said it all came since midnight and was snowing 1-2"/hr there for a while with no wind, just huge flakes pouring down.

Woo hoo! No big storms on the horizon so we are back to nickle and diming it... I can't wait to check the 3,000ft snow board.

Hmm, "warm" out this morning, 3 degrees at the airport. It ended up getting down to -12 yesterday, which explains my near freeze at the bus stop haha. One of the ladies who waits for the bus with me came outside and said..."ok, I;m officially done with winter in NH." She is not from around here. haha

I do have to agree though....my mind and mood during winter depends on how much sun we get, and how many thaws we have. I need to have a couple of them. So luckily we might be getting a thaw sometime next week. I say embrace it....it was nice to actually be able to walk on pavement a couple days ago, so maybe we can do a little bit more of that.

As long as there is snow in my white mtn playground, I'll be fine.

4" overnight at 3,000ft

2" overnight at 1,500ft

Past 72 hours:

7" at 1,500ft

11" at 3,000ft

This has been one remarkable opening stretch to February... already over 3 feet at the 3,000ft snow board so far this month, though averaging a foot of new snow every 3 days is going to be hard to sustain.

213" on the season at 3,000ft.

Event totals: 0.3” Snow/Trace L.E.

Thursday 2/10/2011 6:00 A.M. update: I found 0.3 inches of fluff on the board this morning, and after listening to Roger Hill’s 7:15 A.M. broadcast this morning, it sounds like it was a little blow over lake-effect from Ontario. Roger also spoke about the upcoming events for this weekend; he was going with a 1 to 3 inch event for Saturday, and a 2 to 4 inch event for Sunday/Monday. If those come through they would provide a nice freshening for weekend turns on the slopes.

Some details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations are below:

New Snow: 0.3 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 11.7 F

Sky: Partly Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 28.0 inches

About 30" OTG here... bob,etaunton says 36" in west bridgton but i think thats a bit high imho. Snow is just about above my kneecaps here in the woods.

If anything I should have more than west bridgton because alot of storma have had the heavier bands closer to the coast.

Hedid say his parents did the measurement and not him.

4" overnight at 3,000ft

2" overnight at 1,500ft

Past 72 hours:

7" at 1,500ft

11" at 3,000ft

This has been one remarkable opening stretch to February... already over 3 feet at the 3,000ft snow board so far this month, though averaging a foot of new snow every 3 days is going to be hard to sustain.

213" on the season at 3,000ft.

Likely impossible to sustain. Looks like we're going to get a 48 hour period of warm wx. next Thurs/fri then freeze everything back up. Might lock that snow pack in for corn season in april. Not much rain. Little warmth. Ok by me. Then I sorta like how the pattern plays out after that. Lots of northern stream energy riding right along the NE. Could be several of those .5 inches of wet wet snow at the base and 6-8 inches of cream on the summit sorta storms.

Yes, Thanks Scott, We could use more snow here, We have not quite had the same winter as you guys down there but it has been avg which is good and anything more is bonus time

Earlier I noted that, for the rest of the season, we're all playing with house money when it comes to snow (except N&C Aroostook, and they're catching up.)

Another -4 as I left the house this AM, but most places weren't quite as cold as yest. However, I saw PQI had -15 and heard that K40B had -26.

GFS remains consistent in keeping central Maine under 40F thru D16. Would like to see some add'l qpf, but frozen only, please.

Earlier I noted that, for the rest of the season, we're all playing with house money when it comes to snow (except N&C Aroostook, and they're catching up.)

Another -4 as I left the house this AM, but most places weren't quite as cold as yest. However, I saw PQI had -15 and heard that K40B had -26.

GFS remains consistent in keeping central Maine under 40F thru D16. Would like to see some add'l qpf, but frozen only, please.

As SNE has scored in the jackpot area, We have slowly creeped back in the door up here and think we will finish with a flourish and prbably overtake some areas 1 storm at a time. :snowman:

GYX chucking a few for the clippah.

ON SUN A MORE SIGNIFICANT CLIPPER SYSTEM WILL APPROACH FM THE

UPPER GT LAKES AND MOVE ACROSS CNTRL NEW ENGLAND LATE SUN AND

SUNDAY NIGHT AND INTO MON. SVRL INCHES OF SNOW WILL BE ASSOC WITHTHIS SYSTEM AND BEST DYNAMICS AND TRACK OF LO/MID LVL LOW WILL PASS

ALONG AND JUST S OF THE FA...THIS PUTS MOST OF OUR FA ON THE N

SIDE WHERE THE BEST OVERUNNING AND UVV WILL BE IN ADVNC OF THE

SYSTEM.

-13F this morn. Second coldest morning of the season next to the -23F of 1/24/11.

Nice. Didn't get near sub-zero last night or the night before. Only 7F for a low here last night thanks to orographic clouds, flurries and snow showers. Another dusting here last night as now we are back into the nickle and dime pattern (Mansfield picked up another 1" at base, 3" up high overnight, will have the full data in a little bit).

Like last night, obs from the airport show a band of snow showers must've moved through around midnight and into the early morning hours. These are very light snowfalls but at least they keep things wintery as we wait for something with a little more heft to it... however, it still all starts to add up:

48 hour totals from these light, orographically-driven snowfalls are:

1" at 800ft

3" at 1,500ft

7" at 3,000ft

And I have no idea how much moisture is in that snow but it is like dust. You can't even tell you are walking through it. Its the type of stuff that if you stomp your foot down, all the snow within 6 inches of your foot blows away.

GYX chucking a few for the clippah.

ON SUN A MORE SIGNIFICANT CLIPPER SYSTEM WILL APPROACH FM THE

UPPER GT LAKES AND MOVE ACROSS CNTRL NEW ENGLAND LATE SUN AND

SUNDAY NIGHT AND INTO MON. SVRL INCHES OF SNOW WILL BE ASSOC WITHTHIS SYSTEM AND BEST DYNAMICS AND TRACK OF LO/MID LVL LOW WILL PASS

ALONG AND JUST S OF THE FA...THIS PUTS MOST OF OUR FA ON THE N

SIDE WHERE THE BEST OVERUNNING AND UVV WILL BE IN ADVNC OF THE

SYSTEM.

Down to -11 here

:weight_lift: May be able to squeak a 3-6" event out of it on Sun-Mon

Was the Euro kinder than it was yesterday? I seem to recall it was rather dry for this one.

No, The same, About .10" on the euro, But i would go with the meso models on this one, GFS and NAM are both trending stronger, We will see if the Euro comes around, It has not been doing well lately..

Archived