12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 20-22 Threat Potential Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mt Holly updated forcast for Philly area. Now at 80% chance of snow.

Same here, and then the Arctic floodgate opens up briefly.

Thursday Night: Snow. Low around 18. East wind between 3 and 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Friday: Snow likely, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 1.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 14.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1.

goose- how much did they get today?

The public info statement had Worcester with 3.4" as of about noon and it's freezing rain now so not sure they got much more snow than that; the WSWarning said 2-6" in the larger area had fallen. Doubt they have much more than the 36" we've had in our area, although I could be wrong...

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=MAZ012&warncounty=MAC027&firewxzone=MAZ012&local_place1=2+Miles+SE+Auburn+MA&product1=Winter+Storm+Warning

The past three or four storms have taken the same track and trended northwestward. There's a reason why these things are deepening so rapidly..it's wash, winse, repeat. And here's one of your major synoptic reasons.

anomwnc.gif

This winter its been like a long fuse and the matches just keep dropping. I know we often awe at satellite/radar and upper air maps, but SST anomalies can be just as plenteous.

The past three or four storms have taken the same track and trended northwestward. There's a reason why these things are deepening so rapidly..it's wash, winse, repeat. And here's one of your major synoptic reasons.

anomwnc.gif

John, it reminds me of what 2005 was for hurricanes.

Why Is lady forecaster on ch4 saying clipper system bringing 1-3 on fri..very frustrating watching tv weather allot of the time anymore..also they misinform public over and over..ch 7 is the

Only half descent one with weather.

I dont want anything to do with NBC anymore... that forecaster you mentioned also stated two days before the post Xmas blizzard, that we'd only get flurries. Maybe that was the network Bloomberg was watching. :arrowhead:

Archived