• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 17 SN/IP/ZR/RA event Obs thread

ORH_wxman

Pretty good case where it's a matter of which model was less wrong.

The clown maps from 0z, the NAM would have had the frozen/liquid line up north of Boston then arching back along the MA/CT line by now.

The GFS would have had it on the south coast of all areas.

In reality it's about evenly split between the two near/over your head.

Not sure how we can say the NAM was superior at 15z based on the 0z runs. It's pretty close to both being equally wrong.

I do hope you realize I am in Wrentham?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, parachutes have commenced here at 17F – WOW. That means the vertical temperature profile is totally whack.

We should feel vindicated, folks. May not be 1997 exactly, but I hammered the colder solutions should be favored in this since late last Friday and well… it’s 24 in middle CT with periodic moderate freezing rain! I think since I am about to start pinging here in the office in Westborough, …figure about 2-3 hours until you do up there in FIT and thereafter in ASH. Oh wait – back to moderate sized clusters again… heh.

Well IN any event, man if this 12z NAM worked out for this weekend…? We’d be talking 4-12” from S to N ending as icing today, followed by 6-12” easily on Friday, and all that after a solid 12-24” er last week, all of which will feature little or no melt in between. Some places could have 40+ on the level come Saturday night, and the GFS hints at a big event around D10 already…

Nice.

I'm in Medway, the last town at the western edge of Norfolk County...we probably have a little over 3 inches...snowing since around 430am...since 930am it's been some sort of snow to sleet ratio...but the temp is still 19 degrees...slowly inching up from 14 degrees at 430am...

almost noon and we just went back to all snow...

Archived