• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 17 SN/IP/ZR/RA event Obs thread

ORH_wxman

heavy dendrictic rippage ongoing. snow growth improved markedly at 9:30. Just measured 1.5 in in an hour. 24.5 on the ground.

total at 8:30 was 1 inch

total at 11:30 was 4 inches

what happened to make the snow growth so much better?

looking at radar, dry slot in central mass? another area building just east of Springfield MA and echoes starting to move N instead of NE.

Whoever stays snow for the next 4-6 hours in n ma and snh and sw me is going to have a foot as the pivot hasn't begun yet.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've just flipped from gigantic wet snowflakes over to rain here in Canton, MA (just east of 138 near Blue Hill). It was a very quick changeover from huge flakes to no flakes in less than 5 minutes. Not sure if this is a function of the warm layer pushing in at mlvls or the marine layer pushing west at llvls....but we've changed over regardless of the culprit haha.

21/18, -pl/-zr ,6.75" new, Kudos to BOX on a well forecast snowfall as they had me progged for 6.9". Average snowdepth in MBY now at 35". Possible we'll pick up a little more before all is said and done. Getting a thin hide on top of the snowpack, hope it doesn't turn into a bulletproof glaze as the tree skiing id perfect right now. One thing is for sure, this isn't going anywhere soon. Big Winter incoming, Big Big Winter.

21/18, -pl/-zr ,6.75" new, Kudos to BOX on a well forecast snowfall as they had me progged for 6.9". Average snowdepth in MBY now at 35". Possible we'll pick up a little more before all is said and done. Getting a thin hide on top of the snowpack, hope it doesn't turn into a bulletproof glaze as the tree skiing id perfect right now. One thing is for sure, this isn't going anywhere soon. Big Winter incoming, Big Big Winter.

yeah light freezing drizzle here on the hill currently, getting reports that the woods are amazing, although maybe a little thin. This plus what's coming by the weekend means that the woods will be unbelievable!

yeah light freezing drizzle here on the hill currently, getting reports that the woods are amazing, although maybe a little thin. This plus what's coming by the weekend means that the woods will be unbelievable!

Hey Mike, just about to go out and clean up then plan to head to the snow BVasin to earn some turn. Nice consistency to this snow, styarted out as feathers but ended as sifted cake flour. looking forward to another good dose in a couple of days. Hoping to top 45" on the ground here by Sunday.

Hey Mike, just about to go out and clean up then plan to head to the snow BVasin to earn some turn. Nice consistency to this snow, styarted out as feathers but ended as sifted cake flour. looking forward to another good dose in a couple of days. Hoping to top 45" on the ground here by Sunday.

...stay dry.

18.1 / 15 , mostly sleet w/ some flakes still mixing in shrewsbury. Transition to mostly sleet has taken place over the past 10-15 minutes. ~6.5" -7" before changeover here

Yep. I measured 6.7" before the changeover to sleet and eventually zr.

6.7" as of about 1pm: Shrewsbury MA

depth ranges from 16-24" imby, average is about 20-22.

heavy dendrictic rippage ongoing. snow growth improved markedly at 9:30. Just measured 1.5 in in an hour. 24.5 on the ground.

total at 8:30 was 1 inch

total at 11:30 was 4 inches

what happened to make the snow growth so much better?

looking at radar, dry slot in central mass? another area building just east of Springfield MA and echoes starting to move N instead of NE.

Whoever stays snow for the next 4-6 hours in n ma and snh and sw me is going to have a foot as the pivot hasn't begun yet.

5.5 total. 1.5 in 3 hours under mostly light snow and lousy snow growth. better snow growth and burst of moderate in the last 20 mins so we will see what the next few hours hold. Dry slot has been impinging but maybe we can get that solid shield to the south before any changeover. My otg total is still about 24, heavier snow today has compacted. But soon that will be a quite solid 2 feet, less fluffy.

Archived