Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12 II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is sort of off topic and I am not spamming but pretty much everyone on here is a lover of winter weather and FYI the Legend Paul Kocin is the banquet speaker at the Lyndon State College Storm Conference this year which is being held in March. I am vice president of the club and anyone who is interested I will post a link to our site sometime on here.

this is sort of off topic and I am not spamming but pretty much everyone on here is a lover of winter weather and FYI the Legend Paul Kocin is the banquet speaker at the Lyndon State College Storm Conference this year which is being held in March. I am vice president of the club and anyone who is interested I will post a link to our site sometime on here.

you should make a new topic in the New England Regional forum...

but i'm thinking about going...i was part of the LSC AMS once...good memories...

Even if this run were to verify I'd be pretty nervous living in the CT Valley, low-level wind fields and sfc winds are mainly out of the N/NE...if you look north of us there is a pretty good amount of dry air; 2M dew points are around -10C or lower, 2M RH values aren't bad...between 85-90%, 925mb RH values the same but up at 850mb you have values less than 40% and a real sharp gradient of the more moist air and the really dry air. I'd be worried here if these winds would draw in some of this drier air and cut back on precip just a bit in the CT Valley.

Why does everyone always want to bash on the Connecticut River Valley, it's not like there are 2000' mountains on either side of it in Ct. Ryan if you could, is the Ct Valley really a screw zone more often than not or is this just a myth?

Archived