e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12 II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking our chances at this point. Major storm and I think the effect is much wider than the globals are printing out tonight.

I do like the fact the SREFs have been steadfast. I went 6"-12" tonight statewide (CT). I will be honest I had 6"-12"+ but took out the "+" after seeing the GFS

So presuming this is similar to what we will see, when does NCEP blow up the NAM and turn back on the NGM or something else? I mean it's worthless at this point presuming this is another ghostbuster.

I think there's so much noise as you go forward that 84 hours brings some crazy solutions.

I do like the fact the SREFs have been steadfast. I went 6"-12" tonight statewide (CT). I will be honest I had 6"-12"+ but took out the "+" after seeing the GFS

Yeah I'm very confident of warning snowfall widespread...we still have to wait and see if the 12" type stuff gets to be more of a threat. But this is just like 12/9/05 in the respect that the SREF/NAM were really amped up while the globals were def more SE. The mosescale models proved to be closer to reality in that one. I think they will be closer to reality in this one, but probably a little too wound up.

The 00z GFS looks great!

I repeat, the 00z GFS looks great!

It trended significantly toward the 00z NAM solution from the 18z run. Notably sharper trough. It is VERY close to keeping the H5 low intact, but fails in the Gulf of Maine. I'd actually place the surface low a little NW of the GFS depiction based on the 500mb pattern.

Yeah I'm very confident of warning snowfall widespread...we still have to wait and see if the 12" type stuff gets to be more of a threat. But this is just like 12/9/05 in the respect that the SREF/NAM were really amped up while the globals were def more SE. The mosescale models proved to be closer to reality in that one. I think they will be closer to reality in this one, but probably a little too wound up.

I'd love for the SREFs to verify. NAM not so much but the front end snow would be so great it might be worth it.

do you think the BL will torch like on the 0z NAM for SE sections, will?

Archived