joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this storm, straight forward. A good ol'fashioned N'orEaster. Just heard from my business partner that the 2k site received good snow during the Friday Night storm and it has continued accumulating there all weekend. We've had snow here all day today but with only minor accumulations. We'll get it cleaned up tomorrow AM and if the storm is still on track Tuesday morning we'll likely spend most of the day moving units of lumber and stacking the remaining steel into one protected spot. This Winter is everything I thought it would be and it's only going to get better.

do you co own a construction business?

Wow--over 30 pages since I left MD this morning.

Impressive model agreement--congrats central/eastern areas on the current depiction.

May have already been posted, but ALY had some fun in their AFD.

GULF COAST SYSTEM QUITE DYNAMIC NOW...BUT GUIDANCE CONSENSUS

SUGGESTS DEAMPLIFICATION AND WEAKENING AS IT TRACKS TOWARD THE

COASTAL CAROLINAS. HOWEVER...THE ATMOSPHERIC DEEP MOISTURE AND

POTENTIAL VORTICITY FOOTPRINT WILL STILL EXIST...LIKE A FUSE THAT

JUST NEEDS TO BE RE-LIT. THE LOW LEVEL FEATURE IS PREDICTED TO

EMERGE OFF THE CAROLINAS...WITH THE GULF STREAM AND THERMAL

GRADIENT BAROCLINICITY LIGHTING THE FUSE. THE NORTHERN STREAM

UPPER ENERGY AND DYNAMICS COULD SUPPORT SOME ENSUING CONVECTIVE

FIREWORKS AND THE SNOW BOMBS BURSTING IN AIR AS THE STORM DEVELOPS

OFF THE CAROLINAS AND MID ATLANTIC COAST. O.K. THAT MIGHT HAVE

BEEN TOO POETIC...BUT SOME HINTS AT CONVECTIVE CHARACTER TO SYSTEM

WITH SOME DOWNSTREAM UPPER RIDGING...THAT COULD STEER THE SYSTEM

ALONG THE MORE NORTHWESTERN PREDICTED TRACKS IN GUIDANCE.

Within the full AFD, they adknowledge the current near BM track, but they throw a few weenies out for possible corrections.

I like this storm, straight forward. A good ol'fashioned N'orEaster. Just heard from my business partner that the 2k site received good snow during the Friday Night storm and it has continued accumulating there all weekend. We've had snow here all day today but with only minor accumulations. We'll get it cleaned up tomorrow AM and if the storm is still on track Tuesday morning we'll likely spend most of the day moving units of lumber and stacking the remaining steel into one protected spot. This Winter is everything I thought it would be and it's only going to get better.

It will be a beastly day for me tomorrow!

I pulled into the pit at 4:30 this afternoon and was suprised that it was snowing. Left in the snow Friday, returned to snow on Sunday. Some additional accum's likely Tues Night/Wed. Fun. Hopefully, it'll amount to somehting significant for all.

20.4/12

Archived