Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

post-4714-0-88396500-1294615860.png

Just having a little fun. 12ZNAM dendritic snow growth regions and omega for Boston Wednesday morning (my clock seems to be wrong, the 8am is in fact 12Z which is actually valid at 7am). Not saying this is right, but there's some prime real estate for monster snow growth in NE Mass if this pans out.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah we may see some subtle movements...but i think the general theme will hold. we shouldn't (and haven't at all) seen major run-to-run jumps.

I know the 500 low argues for a nw track..and I kind of agree. However, the baroclinic zone is saying not so fast. We have a decent high to the north. My guess is somewhere in between ACK and the BM...like you and I discussed, but I wouldn't be shocked if it came closer...just my gut. I could see something closer to ACK...but again..it's a tough call

IMO...maybe I'm wrong.....but I don't think it goes near the BM. I could be wrong, and I'm not saying this out of bias or anything...just my gut. On the other hand, I don't think a major shift is going to happen either...west or east. Basically anywhere from the Cape to the BM is the goal post.

I think your right, Its the scoot ENE thats the killer, 18z GFS did not have it, We would do well with a track between those 2 if the storm continued NE.......

Don't know about you guys, but I cannot wait for the 00z runs tonight. Have a really good gut feeling about this one. Worst case scenario is 6-8'', and we can all live with that, but I've got a good feeling.

I certainly could, Don't need to jackpot, Just need enough to ride on.......

Archived