joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah agreed. It takes more of a NE trajectory once on the benchmark as opposed to ENE

Went towards the ensembles in that regard, hopefully it'll continue the trend at 00z. Can't wait for the new ensembles now.

EDIT: General 6-12'' region wide seems like the best call as of now.

Hi, where are you located?

Right in Portland, ME. I guess I should change the KGYX eh?

I got excited for this storm (probably unrightfully so) after the NOGAPS run a few days ago, and then seeing the Euro ensembles fall into line, but it just looks like I miss the best forcing from this thing as it passes to my southeast. I'm still holding out for some plowable snow though.

Only if it continues!

The GFS timing - it just made a pretty huge shfit v 12z. Doesn't mean anything other than there is still instability even in this easier pattern. Note the little lobe of vorticity north of us jumped a few hundred miles again too....

We'll see tonight.

Got it. Definitely some big changes from 18z vs. 12z. The 00z suite tonight should be very interesting.

Right in Portland, ME. I guess I should change the KGYX eh?

I got excited for this storm (probably unrightfully so) after the NOGAPS run a few days ago, and then seeing the Euro ensembles fall into line, but it just looks like I miss the best forcing from this thing as it passes to my southeast. I'm still holding out for some plowable snow though.

Cool, I work in downtown Portland (Time & Temp building). We have a few members from our area here ... Standish, Lewiston, Scarborough, Bath.

Anyway, welcome to AmWx .. lots of smart people and a few dumba$$es.

I think we see plowable, just how how many passes they need to make is in question.

So we want things to be more amped at H5, but everything has to close off in time and not scoot east too far quickly?

Yeah pretty much...if it stays an open wave longer, it will try and kind of scoot E or ENE. At any rate, I like what is going on upstream, so far.

Cool, I work in downtown Portland (Time & Temp building). We have a few members from our area here ... Standish, Lewiston, Scarborough, Bath.

Anyway, welcome to AmWx .. lots of smart people and a few dumba$es.

I think we see plowable, just how how many passes they need to make is in question.

Oh awesome-definitely can see that building from my house. I actually just moved up here this summer from DC and I definitely appreciate the higher frequency of accumulating snows.

And thanks for the warm welcome...I posted a long time back when I was in High school when easternuswx was still around and tried to log on the other day and realizing that everything had moved.

Oh awesome-definitely can see that building from my house. I actually just moved up here this summer from DC and I definitely appreciate the higher frequency of accumulating snows.

And thanks for the warm welcome...I posted a long time back when I was in High school when easternuswx was still around and tried to log on the other day and realizing that everything had moved.

This winter is awful so far .. PWM is at less than 50% avg to date. Might even be more like 30%. Just hoping that we can get a good storm in here. Keeping fingers crossed.

Archived