joxey
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lmao:

Gotta love "Tropical storm conditions" followed by "Snow"

I've never seen that before! Must have been up for other storms though. I mean the central pressure on this guy is small potatoes compared to 12/26-27.

I wonder why they don't just use "blowing snow"

Yeah, saw it for somewhere on the Maine coast last year. It's a hoot! Wintercane.

You mean the one that says this when you go to that link: "The CIPS Winter Weather Analog Guidance will be offline on Sunday January 9 for a scheduled power outage" -

Actually, any analog source. I really find Dec 9 2005 the best one I can find.

:wub:

Is that one you came up with or from an earlier analog set (or whatever)

Does it appear like it will get that wound up?

You mean the one that says this when you go to that link: "The CIPS Winter Weather Analog Guidance will be offline on Sunday January 9 for a scheduled power outage" -

Yeah...it seems like the scheduled power outage did not occur today. The last one scheduled didn't occur do to "inclement weather". Ah well.

Looks like it ran anyway though.

JB for SNE ....12-18 local pops to 24

I like this storm, straight forward. A good ol'fashioned N'orEaster. Just heard from my business partner that the 2k site received good snow during the Friday Night storm and it has continued accumulating there all weekend. We've had snow here all day today but with only minor accumulations. We'll get it cleaned up tomorrow AM and if the storm is still on track Tuesday morning we'll likely spend most of the day moving units of lumber and stacking the remaining steel into one protected spot. This Winter is everything I thought it would be and it's only going to get better.

Archived