12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 5 -> 9 Observations

Isopycnic

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp. 39.0°/DP 28.5°F in Weaverville,NC. Just outside for an obs. Nothing falling but can see the virga. Phil, thoughts on if we are looking at a rain to snow or all snow event?

I just went outside myself and I think I felt one rain drop... but I don't know if I was imagining it because I didn't see or feel anything since then. Looking at the obs upstream, Knoxville took about an hour or so to change over, but they are getting Heavy Snow per the last METAR report. If those strong bands to the north can shift ese over our region we will be in business. Latest RUC looks promising too with a precip. bullseye right over our location. I think we start off maybe as mix very briefly before going over to all snow, but right now I'd say 1-2" across the French Board is looking pretty plausible.

Very light flurries began falling in Kingsport, TN around 4pm as I was driving home. Currently in Church Hill, TN (about 13 miles sw of Kingsport) we have light snow falling. NWS said it would begin as rain and turn to snow overnight (around 1am, I beleive). :thumbsup:

I just talked to my fiance' in Knoxville and they have light-moderate snow at her location with some accumulations beginning to build on yards and sidewalks.

Received a picture message from my brother in Halls, TN shows about an inch of snow in the backyard and snow still falling.

Rain/Snow mix just started here... big flakes too!

Temperature: 38.9 degrees

Dewpoint: 28.9 degrees

Just waiting for some higher precipitation rates... the heavy snow in Knoxville currently is promising!

Same here Phil, Started as mostly rain & now is mostly snow. Good quarter size flakes. Like the looks of the RUC hope it holds true.

38.4°/28.4°

Same here Phil, Started as mostly rain & now is mostly snow. Good quarter size flakes. Like the looks of the RUC hope it holds true.

38.4°/28.4°

Interesting... we are in a lull here and we have light drizzle/light rain... i'm on campus at UNCA right now, and it looks like the heaviest band of precip might be passing just north for the time being... things should slowly start to sag southward in the next hour or so.

Interesting... we are in a lull here and we have light drizzle/light rain... i'm on campus at UNCA right now, and it looks like the heaviest band of precip might be passing just north for the time being... things should slowly start to sag southward in the next hour or so.

We got the lull up here also. Light drizzle no snow :unsure: Hope we get the sag. (haha) Looks like NE Tenn. is gonna get some good returns.

Well just far it looks like Knoxville is the lucky winner to get under that heavy band. The map I made earlier this morning will likely be off as things should have been shifted a bit further north and east. Thus far the precipitation has been very hard to move into Asheville... we still only have a light rain/snow mix at this time. It looks like the band is attempting to shift more east south east, but its starting to look like the bulk of the action might stay further to our north.

Finally have changed to all snow here... still pretty light though.

Temp: 36.0 degrees

Dewpoint: 32.2 degrees

Looks like we will be wet-bulbing above freezing... so i'm skeptical about any significant accumulations here.

It may not last. but big, huge snowflakes falling. But, it will probably be done before I stop typing.

Finally have changed to all snow here... still pretty light though.

Temp: 36.0 degrees

Dewpoint: 32.2 degrees

Looks like we will be wet-bulbing above freezing... so i'm skeptical about any significant accumulations here.

GSP has updated their snowfall map & I don't like it. Oh well bigger fish to fry I suppose

36.1°/28.9° Light rain snow mix.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/gsp/stormtotal/stormtotal.shtml

GSP has updated their snowfall map & I don't like it. Oh well bigger fish to fry I suppose

36.1°/28.9° Light rain snow mix.

http://www.erh.noaa....tormtotal.shtml

Yea, I'm thinking that GSP has the right idea. The problem is the heavier bands are just north of our area... we would have had a much better shot to wetbulb down to freezing if were were under those constant 35-40dbz echoes.

Light to moderate snow still falling here west of Kingsport, Tn. Temp was 34 on my truck thermometer when I came in about 15 min. ago. A heavy dusting on the grass so far.

Just got home. I have 1-2 inches in my front yard. We are nickel and diming our way to a normal season here. Just amazing this evening. Pretty nice thump of snow in about 45 minutes.

Just got home. I have 1-2 inches in my front yard. We are nickel and diming our way to a normal season here. Just amazing this evening. Pretty nice thump of snow in about 45 minutes.

Sweet! It's hard to choose sometimes....one bigger, or get to see several smaller events unless it's a monster, like 18" or something I'd rather have multiple events

Parts of tn seem to be doing quite well so far :scooter:

Some fog is moving in and it's a col 39. Not a lot of rain thus afternoon, .16

Archived