• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Discuss the Blizz of 2010

Damage In Tolland

Snow is ripping, keep hearing pings on my window, but don't actually think it is any mix since I'm sitting at 31F. Also, winds are increasing, Plymouth to the south of me already lost power, I assume I will soon...devastating since I would love to follow this storm all night.

You are pinging - I am here in Ayer and just had a report from Shrewsbury that they are into sleet at the moment too. It's really more like snowballs that have refrozen here though, so it is snow sleet mix - granular anyway you look at it though. 20/20 here

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are pinging - I am here in Ayer and just had a report from Shrewsbury that they are into sleet at the moment too. It's really more like snowballs that have refrozen here though, so it is snow sleet mix - granular anyway you look at it though. 20/20 here

I'm in shrewsbury too and I can hear those pings hidding the window occasionally. Snow grains?

I'm in shrewsbury too and I can hear those pings hidding the window occasionally. Snow grains?

No, it's sleet. But, I have since ceased and gone back to mainly snow... It is likely that the 700mb is in the process of closing right now and as that does so that warm layer will abolish rather quickly and you'll stop mixing sleet in.

A small pocket of 30-35 dBZ forming just E of you and heading up here...I assume that's not pinging?

Well theres been some snow grains or whatever just E of here...not sure what that is from...maybe some weird snow growth. The sounding is certainly below freezing. Its heavy snow SE of there too, so it must just be a weird location of the lift in a small pocket.

I have all snow here with no snow grains.

Recall Mike carrying on like a schoolgirl..looking at qpf charts..how many times have i tried to explain to him not to focus on modelled qpf? Hopefully this teaches him

Poor Mike, bad time for the snowblower to sh*t the bed. Well, if any lesson can be taken it's never give up, strange things can always happen with the weather. 3 days ago I was told to expect cirrus yet ...the radar speaks for itself. I tried to be detached from this during the run-up. I kept tabs on the the latest but I didn't sweat every tick east/west. Some of the pros set a good example by not projecting emotion into interpretation. Will, Scott(coastalwx) and dare I say Ryan really look at the data and present a metered synopsis. I find that has been helpful on a number of levels. Anyway, IT"S RIPPIN !!!!!

Well theres been some snow grains or whatever just E of here...not sure what that is from...maybe some weird snow growth. The sounding is certainly below freezing. Its heavy snow SE of there too, so it must just be a weird location of the lift in a small pocket.

I have all snow here with no snow grains.

Yeah I just saw Tip's posts. Nothing unusual here either.

Archived