Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
May Banter 2024

George BM

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Enjoying my own brewed blackberry and cranberry sour. 

And have a day Bradish!!!

I am not always a sour fan....but MAN, that sounds like a tasty combo!!  :D 

I am staying fairly "pedestrian" this afternoon...sticking with a couple Port City (Alexandria) beers...since we moved our grilling day up one afternoon, given tomorrow afternoon's potentially more sucky/more severe forecast.  ;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

I am not always a sour fan....but MAN, that sounds like a tasty combo!!  :D 

I am staying fairly "pedestrian" this afternoon...sticking with a couple Port City (Alexandria) beers...since we moved our grilling day up one afternoon, given tomorrow afternoon's potentially more sucky/more severe forecast.  ;)

It’s a pretty beer too.

image.jpeg.0e03d748763e2a3ec8099d06a4391d56.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Good man. I'll be tacking a "drier" tack this week, too...in advance of my undergrad college Greek reunion in southcentral PA this coming weekend. :blink:

Alright I broke down and had one. Space Dust IPA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Drinking a Double Cryptic Cipher DIPA from First State Brewing.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday.

Excellent choices throughout the weekend, @CAPE. After a bit of work over the past hour or two, I'm grabbing my Kindle and an IPA and heading out to the back patio for an hour or two before dinner...  ;) 

• Like 3

Buda, Texas at 9pm local time, 88 degrees, with a suffocating 80 degree dewpoint. Feels like 102. Spent an hour pulling weeds and super tough grass runners that had to be tackled one by one,  dozens of them, in the midst of a choking cloud of gnats and whining mosquitoes. 

It's fun down here. You guys should try this. It's relaxing and soothing. We had some enjoyable 115 real feel weather earlier. It was even nicer in the direct sun.

We are getting off to a really good running start this summer!

Oh wait! It's only late May. Summer starts JUNE 21. My bad.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Absolutely horrific sound woke my wife and I up at 445. Sounded like an animal being tortured to death. I think now it was a female fox in heat? 

Lol yes. I was walking my neighborhood the other night (very wooded area) and suddenly I hear what sounds like a demon screaming bloody murder about 200 feet into the woods. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up lol

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Absolutely horrific sound woke my wife and I up at 445. Sounded like an animal being tortured to death. I think now it was a female fox in heat? 

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Lol yes. I was walking my neighborhood the other night (very wooded area) and suddenly I hear what sounds like a demon screaming bloody murder about 200 feet into the woods. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up lol

Ughhh, the scream of the female fox letting potential mates that she's on the market. And agreed, it is a bloodcurdling, otherworldly sound like no other, especially if you're not anticipating it. Our property backs to the Coast Guard's deeply-wooded Alexandria compound, and there's a handful of female foxes roaming their property at any given time. Some nights it sounds like we live next to a haunted graveyard. :yikes:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Ughhh, the scream of the female fox letting potential mates that she's on the market. And agreed, it is a bloodcurdling, otherworldly sound like no other, especially if you're not anticipating it. Our property backs to the Coast Guard's deeply-wooded Alexandria compound, and there's a handful of female foxes roaming their property at any given time. Some nights it sounds like we live next to a haunted graveyard. :yikes:

Yep, I had a couple in the area 2 years ago. They literally SCREAM, and usually no alarm or 'work up to', just a scream lol. 

• Haha 1

Just now, wxdude64 said:

Yep, I had a couple in the area 2 years ago. They literally SCREAM, and usually no alarm or 'work up to', just a scream lol. 

Our cat was sick yesterday, so the first sound that woke me up made me think it was her basically dying in the house somewhere. It quickly ramped up to blood-curdling levels and I could see an animal sitting in our driveway although it was too dark to be sure what species. At one point I saw two animals sort of posture at each other (presumably now the male and female). It stopped after about 5 minutes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Apparently it’s plenty to attract the males. We’re such suckers. :lol: 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

6 hours ago, dailylurker said:

6 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

5 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Apparently it’s plenty to attract the males. We’re such suckers. :lol: 

Made me think of the ‘truth in advertising law’. Stay well fellows and inside. As always ….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Wow! So the answer to what does the fox say is actually a demon screaming bloody murder?

• Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic