• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

5 hours ago, jbenedet said:

Next weekend is coming around, to "okay", from dreadful - but man is the crap weather pattern fightin' hard.

I just need Sunday to end up on the fairer side - can you work that out ?

• Confused 1

On 5/5/2024 at 4:08 PM, Typhoon Tip said:

The difference between today and tomorrow will be among the more impressive single day changes we've seen in quite some time, pan-regional.  Especially in your lower els that escape the fog capped valley inversion - which I think the wind will be establishing a S bias in the Notch. 

No one's really talking about that as it's a non-injurious notable but 46 to 76 isn't out of the question say St Johnbury region, and that's true for down our way too. 

Nice call Tip.  This afternoon has been full pants tent.  From 46F yesterday late afternoon to 72F today.

Just total euphoria.  Good evening to hike and earn some turns on the mountain.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.acfaf858de8741d8794373df2f7f9be0.jpeg

IMG_9553.thumb.jpeg.172c4f09a640be6198cc830167b6ad1f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All sliding doors open, windows open, still decent foot and bike traffic on the Rec Path outside at 8pm.  Love it.

Crazy how light it is still at 8pm for outdoor recreation and people are taking advantage.  Decent amount of runners.

Sucks to think in 6 weeks the days start getting shorter already.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

All sliding doors open, windows open, still decent foot and bike traffic on the Rec Path outside at 8pm.  Love it.

Crazy how light it is still at 8pm for outdoor recreation and people are taking advantage.  Decent amount of runners.

Just brutal man...really :( 

44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Freak turning AHATT

I still hate dews and excessive heat, doubt you'll ever win me over on that.  It's mostly dews I dislike, dry 90F is usually fun.  I love the perfect outdoor weather though... those deep blue skies, 70s with long daylight.  Big fan of late spring and early summer before the dews come.  Honestly, this time of year may be my favorite of the year.  No bugs, no mosquitoes yet, long daylight, warm afternoons, comfortable sleeping weather with no A/C.

Intermountain western US would be perfect for me.  Nights in the 40s, days in the 80s all summer long at the ski towns with morning sun and afternoon scattered storms every single day for three months.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Big big winter incoming! Nearly time to unistall and put the Hakkapalitas on!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Bruins were awfully close to being on the historic end of record you hate to see. Thank God for Lindholm and Pasta.

There was a lot about that game that was almost poetic

Bruins were awfully close to being on the historic end of record you hate to see. Thank God for Lindholm and Pasta.

Was it last year the Bruins had the best record in the history of the NHL and then lost in the first round?  (or something like that)

• Like 1

But they weren't, so its all null and void like it never happened ha.  Just another playoff series win in the books.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I still hate dews and excessive heat, doubt you'll ever win me over on that.  It's mostly dews I dislike, dry 90F is usually fun.  I love the perfect outdoor weather though... those deep blue skies, 70s with long daylight.  Big fan of late spring and early summer before the dews come.  Honestly, this time of year may be my favorite of the year.  No bugs, no mosquitoes yet, long daylight, warm afternoons, comfortable sleeping weather with no A/C.

Intermountain western US would be perfect for me.  Nights in the 40s, days in the 80s all summer long at the ski towns with morning sun and afternoon scattered storms every single day for three months.

perfectly said

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That's one thing I love about certain parts of AZ, it can be 105 and feel far cooler than here when its 75 and super dews.

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yup.  My brothers and I were having a beer a few nights back and we asked the question, "What is the block of 30 consecutive days you prefer over any other in a year."  Mine was May 20 to June 20.  September is also nice, but it didn't win the contest because of the shorter daylight and soccer mom traffic.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

That's one thing I love about certain parts of AZ, it can be 105 and feel far cooler than here when its 75 and super dews.

Dew point sitting at 48 right now. Stunning out.

• Like 2

Hopefully the 00z GGEM is right.  It suppresses that 'coastal' winter -like synopsis on Friday. 

I'll take the cool thicknesses but at least dry, and at least some partial sun, over the GFS' 70 straight hours of misty murk when not chilly light soul-sapping rains.

The GFS is ridic, man.  It does that extended cyclonic smear with east wind drab rains crap from a system that looks February only too warm for snow, for like 30 straight hours, only to then spin up a coastal nor'easter.  I'd love to see that be all be flat wrong for two reasons.  A, I don't want that.  But B, I'm sick of this model consummately trying to regress the advance into the warm season - it just always leans on the coldest most vile solution it can find at this time of year.

The only problem is, we are in a time of year when our climate also leans on the most vile solution it can find.  It's not helping ...

• Like 1