• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Give it an hour or so and PHX will probably be warmer :D 

Going to be close. We're in a cooler pattern the last few days, IZG hit 91.9 and our current high 91.4. I just thought the NNE heat was impressive for this time of year.

• Like 1

NEAR TERM /THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT/...
As of 552 PM EDT Wednesday...We did hit 90 degrees at Burlington
shortly after 3:30 PM this afternoon, which is the first time
we`ve hit 90 this year. To put it in context, the average first
date of the season to hit 90 at BTV is June 19th. The earliest
we ever hit 90 was April 17th in 2002. So this is early, but by
no means record early.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Modfan2 said:

I know next week has the potential for not being that good, what’s it looking like Cape next week? Daughters school trip and try to pack accordingly 

It's the Cape in late May, always have sweatshirts available... While a great day or two can happen, they can flip into a cold / damp scenario in a matter of an hour or two.  Cape springs can be very unforgiving!  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FXWX said:

It's the Cape in late May, always have sweatshirts available... While a great day or two can happen, they can flip into a cold / damp scenario in a matter of an hour or two.  Cape springs can be very unforgiving!  

Cape summers can be unforgiving. It’s just not a great climate .And JAS and even some O can have big dews .So that part is good 

• Confused 3
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Cape summers can be unforgiving. It’s just not a great climate .And JAS and even some O can have big dews .So that part is good 

Don't even know how you're still posting. The heat looks brutal down there! 

Screenshot_20240522_203454_Google.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today we hit 79.2. I just don't know how I can continue to exist in this terrible climate. /s

It can have its fair share of shitty days but the good far outweighs the bad. I don't need 90s anymore. Maybe I'm just getting older but 70s and 80s will do. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Today we hit 79.2. I just don't know how I can continue to exist in this terrible climate. 

It can have its fair share of shitty days but the good far outweighs the bad. I don't need 90s anymore. Maybe I'm just getting older but 70s and 80s will do. 

I hope you see a cat 3 cane

• Weenie 1

It’s getting real green in a hurry during this heat.  Been hitting 70F+ even up at the picnic tables the past couple days.  Really torching the remaining snow patches.  Just about gone.

I love winter, but May has been becoming one of my favorite months of the year.  It’s all solar driven… the days are long and just keep getting longer.  Still twilight at 9pm this evening.

After work recreation, hikes instead of skin laps, still feels like midday.  Shadows look different on the mountain when cast by towering Cu.

At the time of this photo, it’s pitch black out already in the winter.  November, everyone is inside and winding down at this time.  Daylight is a good time.

Shut ‘em down.

IMG_9674.thumb.jpeg.0d78fff4b6dab664e593b40791704b16.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Yeah the big heat thus far has been just east of you 

Managed 93.2 this afternoon, slighty above IZG. It has been a cool year so far, first 90s were delayed to mid April (usually happens around the equinox), and just a couple days ago it finally hit 100 for the first time.

9 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Summers? They’re the best. Steamy and warm. Beer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I feel like it might but hrrr wants to develop. I was referring more to the stuff near me. Congrats Taunton.

Would’ve been better if this held off until afternoon imo but that’s New England “severe” for ya. 

• Like 1

I feel like it might but hrrr wants to develop. I was referring more to the stuff near me. Congrats Taunton.
Just drove through the industrial park in Taunton on the way to Attleboro. Incredibly heavy rains and tons of lightning.
  • Like 2