• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

NW massachusetts is sunny-ish ..

The western side of this convergence axis is winning this thing now, as there's a definitive clearing line out there pressing E.   Hang on folks, there's an end to this madness. 

The llvs will persist with the east shits through tomorrow as the seldom understood reality about SNE, being that we are decoupled from the rest of the planetary atmosphere ( jesus!) was clearly created by an asshole god on purpose.  Heh eventually that yields from the top down tho.  Monday's surface ridge settles finally E enough to veer the winds around...  Tomorrow and Monday will be two different worlds for folks E of ORH

28 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

NW massachusetts is sunny-ish ..

The western side of this convergence axis is winning this thing now, as there's a definitive clearing line out there pressing E.   Hang on folks, there's an end to this madness. 

The llvs will persist with the east shits through tomorrow as the seldom understood reality about SNE, being that we are decoupled from the rest of the planetary atmosphere ( jesus!) was clearly created by an asshole god on purpose.  Heh eventually that yields from the top down tho.  Monday's surface ridge settles finally E enough to veer the winds around...  Tomorrow and Monday will be two different worlds for folks E of ORH

What about those west ?

5 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

The rains been sitting right over my head all say, don't have a gauge but it has to be a good amount.

Your area had 2-3” It was a colossal model and met bust all around in what was supposed to be mainly dry day . Some admitted it and some did not. Of course this would never happen in the winter. 
https://x.com/ryanhanrahan/status/1791946846073458951?s=46&t=dhcbvkjmRcyBVQtDxJ3lRg

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ll talk tomorrow when sun comes out here in afternoon .

Youve become the #1 troll of Tolland .Hate to see it.. but get it 

How many “tomorrows” do we need to talk?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hey John  .. low grade heat wave potential, Tue-Thur.   By that we mean ... flirting with the big nine-O but could miss with upper 88's. 

I don't see this as being a dewy heat - we'll see on that... Wet antecedence may contribute locally more so than transport with higher soil moisture after recent rains.

But, the current machine numbers are likely a shade cool given the over-arcing synoptic look there. 

Hey John... Been looking for you to jump on this, not that it is a heat burst setup, but at least the first heat tease.  Given the un- remarkable spring pattern to date, I look forward to trying to pinpoint if and where some 90 high temps might appear.  Certainly not a lock, but I'm ready for a summer pattern and some real convection threats.  Hope all is well... 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

great night for some IPA's, lobster tails and filet mignon 

Took my sister out to a steak house for her birthday in Sarasota, I was going to get a nice ribeye and the waitress said they had a special, 8oz filet with a South African lobster tail, its sweeter and more tender than a Maine lobster. My sister lives in Maine and say no way, Maine lobsters are the best. So, I ordered the filet and South African lobster tail, and the waitress was right, it was sweeter and more tender than a Maine lobster, best lobster I ever had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Took my sister out to a steak house for her birthday in Sarasota, I was going to get a nice ribeye and the waitress said they had a special, 8oz filet with a South African lobster tail, its sweeter and more tender than a Maine lobster. My sister lives in Maine and say no way, Maine lobsters are the best. So, I ordered the filet and South African lobster tail, and the waitress was right, it was sweeter and more tender than a Maine lobster, best lobster I ever had.

That sounds really good, basically what I'm doing tonight. (minus the better lobster) :)  I work for a food company and I'm loaded for high-end stuff, but wouldn't dare spend $$$ out for it.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

That sounds really good, basically what I'm doing tonight. (minus the better lobster) :)  I work for a food company and I'm loaded for high-end stuff, but wouldn't dare spend $$$ out for it.  lol

You having Maine lobster tonight? I still love me a Maine lobster.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Semt your post along to HR and security.

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What about those west ?

Not sure.  I suspect we all dawn packed in but it will be diurnal inversion cap stratus.  

The east wind direction will have a modest downslope aspect which then working with the intense solar max insolation we may see breaks opening up first west but then working E 

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s turned real nice in ALB.

70s and sun.  Out with the nieces at the local elementary school.

IMG_9642.jpeg.3ad93537b936fd17d5cad58a67391895.jpeg

West was best. I needed to go to Home Depot and also wanted to take a bike ride. Looked at the radar and headed to the Burlington waterfront. Sunny and 75° :sun:

IMG_4241.jpeg

IMG_4240.jpeg

IMG_4239.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Your area had 2-3” It was a colossal model and met bust all around in what was supposed to be mainly dry day . Some admitted it and some did not. Of course this would never happen in the winter. 
https://x.com/ryanhanrahan/status/1791946846073458951?s=46&t=dhcbvkjmRcyBVQtDxJ3lRg

. 15 here dry night for a mega firepit 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

This event is one of the most woefully modeled events I’ve seen in quite some time. 

presence of moderate to heavy showers along the I-95 corridor that seemed to be driven by a SW to NE oriented 925mb jet (~30kt in strength) and moisture convergence between 925mb-850mb. Even the NAMNest, that was one of the only pieces of guidance that diagnosed more widespread, impactful rain on Saturday, struggled to depict the
nocturnal rain

CoC incoming. 

Very warm
temperatures are expected on Tuesday and Wednesday, with
temperatures reaching into the 80s, with an outside chance a few locations see 90 degrees on Wednesday. Humidity levels will be on the low side accompanying that midweek warmth
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

They are far superior in my mind.  The best ones come from the Indian/Atlantic ocean confluence, in waters about 400-500 feet, at temps around 45F.  My GF is Dutch South African, and we go back every Feb/March for a few weeks.  This year we spent a week with her family in Rustenburg, then drove for 2 days down to Cape Town- Camps Bay.   Just down from our apartment is the Codfather restaurant.  You pick the fresh seafood, and they prepare in front of you.  I got 6 SA lobster tails, as usual.  You can order them for delivery here, but it's almost less money to fly to SA to enjoy them.  

• Like 2