• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

7 hours ago, kdxken said:

Why are you confused? Have you been through Somers? So many dead ash trees...

We’ve been over this many times. The confused emoji means the poster is confused on what they posted. Not the person clicking the emoji.

I drive thru there all the time near Soapstone Mountain . Those are all dead Oaks. The Gypsy moths decimated that area a few years ago.

• Confused 9

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ve been over this many times. The confused emoji means the poster is confused on what they posted. Not the person clicking the emoji.

I drive thru there all the time near Soapstone Mountain . Those are all dead Oaks. The Gypsy moths decimated that area a few years ago.

Going to be down there next week I'll take a picture for you. 

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The ash trees are all dead from the emerald ash borer. There might be a few left here or there but maybe you don't see many because eversource was very aggressive in having  them cut back from the roadsides in the last 5 years before they died and became hazard trees. I'll give you 5 dollars if you can go outside today and take a picture of a live ash tree in tolland.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sled said:

The ash trees are all dead from the emerald ash borer. There might be a few left here or there but maybe you don't see many because eversource was very aggressive in having  them cut back from the roadsides in the last 5 years before they died and became hazard trees. I'll give you 5 dollars if you can go outside today and take a picture of a live ash tree in tolland.

Oh I’ve seen them. They died years ago. Most of them have blown down or have been taken down. The area on Soapstone is all dead Oaks .

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh I’ve seen them. They died years ago. Most of them have blown down or have been taken down. The area on Soapstone is all dead Oaks .

Didn't realize you were talking about one particular place.

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He had mentioned Somers so it seemed like he meant there as there’s acres and acres of dead Oaks from the gypsies 

There's plenty of dead oaks but the Ash trees are going along for the ride. Last summer Stafford road.

Screenshot_20240518_083627_Maps.jpg

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

Torch next week. 75 to 85 most days (really).

Yup. Good pawpaw grafting weather. They like sustained heat for callousing. I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow and Mon afternoon. 

• Like 1