Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Huh? Text you read Sun.

I already did this is more about Kev Hunch Ray. I still am thinking you do 4 to 6 Hunchie foot Ray 6

Please remove my location from this discussion. Couple inches of rain, gusts to 55 tomorrow night and some sleet pellets mixed in. Iron clad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

Looking at LWM, they drop blow 0C at 950 mb like Wednesday afternoon and stay there for the duration. Now the models all have it mixing thanks to some 700 mb warm air initially, but by midnight-ish Wednesday night the whole column is cold enough for snow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GFS for MBY

19" 10:1

15" on Kutchera

3.5" PDC

:lol:

PDC is always the floor. If you’re flirting with 32.5-33 with +rates tack on accordingly. I should be cold enough up here so I’m tossing it altogether. 

Extreme Forecast Index looking tasty from the overnight runs. 

QPF is pretty meh on this product, but that makes sense because 2"+ QPF in April is not unheard of. Plowable snow in April is much more rare, and so we're getting pretty uniform high EFI numbers. Most anomalous near the coast, where you wouldn't expect much April accumulation normally. The Shift of Tails black lines show your forecast potential, the highest of the high end members. A value of 2 is pretty good, and shows the biggest boom potential is just north of that mid level warm front. Congrats Dendrite?

ens_2024040200_ne_24h_sfi_SFC_72.png?wid

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Please remove my location from this discussion. Couple inches of rain, gusts to 55 tomorrow night and some sleet pellets mixed in. Iron clad 

One more tick south and you will join the sleet party .. congrats 

26 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Hope CMP has called in the calvary.

I do wonder if the warm tongue aloft creates alot of rimed flakes atleast Wed night. Hopefully helps mitigate some of the tree accumulation. Somewhere will have issues though eventually. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Looking at LWM, they drop blow 0C at 950 mb like Wednesday afternoon and stay there for the duration. Now the models all have it mixing thanks to some 700 mb warm air initially, but by midnight-ish Wednesday night the whole column is cold enough for snow.

Maybe several inches here about 5mi or so N of KLWM.

• Confused 1

Just now, wx2fish said:

I do wonder if the warm tongue aloft creates alot of rimed flakes atleast Wed night. Hopefully helps mitigate some of the tree accumulation. Somewhere will have issues though eventually. 

It was looking earlier that the bulk was going to fall in the overnight weds into thurs am early, Now it looks delayed with a later start 6-9z here thurs if using the GFS, So it may start off as more fluff then transition to lower ratio snow as thursday progresses, But then we have the wind factor here in the coastal plain.