Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Who is we? CT had 12-20”

Yeah it ruined our storm up here but you guys in CT still got crushed. That was a weird one. It trended like 100 miles south inside of 36 hours. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Nam/Rgem not being amped at their ranges could mean more south shifts. 

Wouldn't count coastal SNE out at all

I did notice the mesos were pretty suppressed. Doesn’t mean much yet though. If they still are once we get to tomorrow night then maybe. By then though, I’d expect globals to have moved some direction. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Quite bullish on the 06z GEFS

floop-gefsens-2024033006.sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ne.gif

That’s a white rain goose egg in SE NH. PF has it right with the depth change maps. Much better baseline with that. 

GFS gonna burn us on the coast up until go time with these looks.

I mean, it’s outputting 32-34 DP throughout, with 34 surface temps over same time frame. Assuming that’s correct you’d have melting exceeding rates with the qpf output. And if it’s 3 degrees too cold (as the GFS has been all season at these leads) it’s wet surfaces except for the coldest with those transitory dustings that melt whenever rates lighten.

Seeing that 34 DP 18z Thurs on the backside of this <980 low is red flag we don’t have the cold conveyor hook up needed to positively offset “marginal”.

IMG_0848.gif

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

That’s a white rain goose egg in SE NH. PF has it right with the depth change maps. Much better baseline with that. 

GFS gonna burn us on the coast up until go time with these looks.

I mean, it’s outputting 32-34 DP throughout, with 34 surface temps over same time frame. Assuming that’s correct you’d have melting exceeding rates with the qpf output. And if it’s 3 degrees too cold (as the GFS has been all season at these leads) it’s wet surfaces except for the coldest with those transitory dustings that melt whenever rates lighten.

Seeing that 34 DP 18z Thurs on the backside of this <980 low is red flag we don’t have the cold conveyor hook up needed to positively offset “marginal”.

IMG_0848.gif

It does seem it will at least be cold enough to give ski areas some real accumulating snow. Looking forward to that.

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I could def see this as being all or mostly rain for all of SNE.   Still watching, esp at elevations up and in. 

There’s progged to be a very potent -NAO, if it can press this south some for once, we’d have a shot. But this NAO BS is proving to be worthless the last two years. I think we can add it to More of the  fraud 5’s.  

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

There’s progged to be a very potent -NAO, if it can press this south some for once, we’d have a shot. But this NAO BS is proving to be worthless the last two years. I think we can add it to More of the  fraud 5’s.  

Well without it this would be a raging cutter and fropa for everyone. 

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

No changes. 

Gonna need a subtle south shift if we want to get more of SNE in the game. 

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s a subtle trend but the WAA and main coastal CCB have become a little more disjointed since yesterday. So it’s actually done two things:

1. Push the threat ever so slightly north 

2. Slightly reduced the ceiling of a higher end KU type storm total max zone

These are subtle trends and could easily shift back but they could also keep shifting the way they did overnight which would lessen the impact further. 

Yea, I was dissapointed last night. Oh well.