Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

36 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Weekend not looking too good yet again.

Hopefully it'll change. We could get lucky. At least it will be in the '60s.

Saturday through Monday:

Mid-level ridge shifts east and is planted over the New England
states with a warm front arriving during the afternoon with the
potential for scattered showers, it is not until Sunday the ridge
moves off shores and a cold front moves through - the timing on this
still is uncertainty and leaned on NBM guidance given how far out in
the forecast we are reaching to. With this uncertainty kept with NBM
temperatures, highs 60F-65F, and lows 45F-50F. A ridge sets up to
our west on Monday and trends drier and mild with highs creeping
back to the low 70s.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Nothing like 2hrs of CGs and downpours with the pellet stove running. 

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

44.5F   Wood stove burning. Cold and raw with lots of deep rumbling to the south.  Fringed by TS this morning  .12"

Must be approaching 80 near your wood stoves. Fine forecast...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Is this you near that one bolt?

IMG_4801.png

West of there. Probably would’ve been previous frame. I think it hit over by the Tractor Supply near the Franklin/Tilton/Northfield line because the street lights were out down there shortly afterward.

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

West of there. Probably would’ve been previous frame. I think it hit over by the Tractor Supply near the Franklin/Tilton/Northfield line because the street lights were out down there shortly afterward.

That was the closest one to you I think. Although sometimes I find the location can be a bit off.

58 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Had an apartment building and auto body shop burn down Sunday morning in Stowe from a lightning strike.  That stuff is wild and unlucky.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Worst month of the year is over. Napril was another mild one and nice overall . A few cool days , a touch of snow but overall we couldn’t have asked for a better one in general. Onto Mayorch, and installs and dews as we move along. 

Def could have been worse.  3.65” of rain (maybe some more incoming). High of 76, low of 23.  1.8F (or so) AN for ORH

some decent weekends 

22 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Def could have been worse.  3.65” of rain (maybe some more incoming). High of 76, low of 23.  1.8F (or so) AN for ORH

some decent weekends 

Was a wettie spring .. but overall has been a warm and relatively nice spring. No misery mist or nasty doors .. lots of sunny nape days. Seems like the nasty cold springs are long a thing of the past . 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Glad April is done. Lots of backdoors, wedges, rain, mist, cool days, etc. Also the heavy wet snowstorm early in the month that snapped a bunch of trees. Still looking for the first 70° as well. Maybe someday Greta will end these nasty, raw springs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Glad April is done. Lots of backdoors, wedges, rain, mist, cool days, etc. Also the heavy wet snowstorm early in the month that snapped a bunch of trees. Still looking for the first 70° as well. Maybe someday Greta will end these nasty, raw springs. 

May hasn't been much better in recent years

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

My work computer thinks dew season has arrived!  TP stuck all over.   

IMG_0768.jpeg

My desktop pc has literally been stuck at “humid” since last summer, in spite of the prevailing temps. I think all the moisture and dewiness that season caused it to blow an internal fuse or something and now it’s just stuck on that description. It’s pretty damn laughable tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

Here’s the previous frame. A “bolt” right under the chicken. You may need to zoom to see it  

image.png

I thought that was part of the chicken lol. Nice. Phil almost got you.

16 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Worst month of the year is over. Napril was another mild one and nice overall . A few cool days , a touch of snow but overall we couldn’t have asked for a better one in general. Onto Mayorch, and installs and dews as we move along. 

2 years in a row with decent Napril's.  I suppose sh*t winter = tolerable April. I'd rather reverse that though. 

April 2024:

Avg. temp:   41.7   +1.3
Avg. max:    53.1    +1.1     Highest:  65 on the 29th
Avg. min:     30.3   +1.5     Lowest:  20, on the 26th, latest here for April's coldest.  Previous was the 20th.
The average diurnal range of 22.8 is 0.4 BN.  The most recent month with AN range is May of last year - 11 consecutive months with BN range.

Precip:  3.51"   0.58" BN.   "Wettest" day:  1.38" on the 4th
95% of the month's precip (3.34") came 1-13.  Wettest day of the last 17 was 0.07"

Snowfall:  13.9"   8.8" AN.  All came in the 4-6 storm.   12.5" fell on the 4th.

The month had slightly above average sunshine and very few partly cloudy days.  The 45° monthly range is 2nd lowest of 26.  Other than our 3rd largest April snowfall, little of note happened in 4/24.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1