Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There you go again using old and bad forecasts. Carry on I guess and then be surprised from the misinformation 

Send some more of those cookout pictures. Those are always fun.

52 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

45 for you 80 here?

37 minutes ago, dendrite said:

If it’s 45 here and 80 in SNE you’re coming with me. I’ll have all of the seagulls farting westward to seabreeze you.

Good morning CW, Dendrite. I never knew Doctor Dolittle had a dark side. Stay well whichever side of the front you’re on. As always ….

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

April is AN. I’ll take it.

Every time I read these drive by statements about an AN month, during a month that clearly "feels" cool I wonder about CC acclimation skewing perceptions. 

Not being above that myself, this month simply feels like a cold p.o.s. to me - which based on what I just said, may and probably is not entirely fair.  LOL.  

I think I have a personal bullshit bias I'm stuck with that we're supposed to be getting these Mar/Apr crazy warm episodes now, based in no small part on the fact that 7 out of the last 10 years have hosted early bud pushin' orchard killin' false expectation inducin' warm bursts.

Perhaps this year we are getting to the same AN result, just doing so along a more aggregated, yet tamer SD dailies ? 

Some of those years that had the weird 80 days really early, also put down a cold week with heavy snow later on, too.  More spiky perhaps...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

Cold crew must be inhaling gummies this morning, so much misinformation and bad forecasts

So upper 60 and 70s this week is your forecast.  Such a phony all data says 50s near 60 over 30s this week ending Sat. You and Kevin have upper 60s and 70s. It will be scored. Watch for freeze Thursday morning 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So upper 60 and 70s this week is your forecast.  Such a phony all data says 50s near 60 over 30s this week ending Sat. You and Kevin have upper 60s and 70s. It will be scored. Watch for freeze Thursday morning 

Putting words in my mouth, now? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Putting words in my mouth, now? 

Well if you are saying people are eating gummies and using bad data for this week what exactly is your forecast Mon to Sat. This is not a cold shot? Too many cheap Coors Light last night?

index.png

index (1).png

index (2).png

index (3).png

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Absolutely nothing changed a week of 50s /30s with a hard freeze Thursday AM. 

already backpedaling 

32 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

This is made up. There will be one day with highs near 60 on Thursday. Maybe a few typical spots see a frost . Then it’s back to AN after 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Every time I read these drive by statements about an AN month, during a month that clearly "feels" cool I wonder about CC acclimation skewing perceptions. 

Not being above that myself, this month simply feels like a cold p.o.s. to me - which based on what I just said, may and probably is not entirely fair.  LOL.  

I think I have a personal bullshit bias I'm stuck with that we're supposed to be getting these Mar/Apr crazy warm episodes now, based in no small part on the fact that 7 out of the last 10 years have hosted early bud pushin' orchard killin' false expectation inducin' warm bursts.

Perhaps this year we are getting to the same AN result, just doing so along a more aggregated, yet tamer SD dailies ? 

Some of those years that had the weird 80 days really early, also put down a cold week with heavy snow later on, too.  More spiky perhaps...

Yeah, April still is a crappy month temp wise. And we really haven’t had those real warm April days yet. But with April being such a crappy temp month, I’ll take a little AN.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Mighty slow thread. Who doesn't like scintillating temperature talk?

Hell of a lot better than talking about “latitude” events and why perfect track winter coastals are dumping 4” of rain imby. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Haven't looked to see what's driving this April's departure, but you could argue that if you're not awake at night to experience the departure, it'll still feel cool in an AN month. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Haven't looked to see what's driving this April's departure, but you could argue that if you're not awake at night to experience the departure, it'll still feel cool in an AN month. 

yeah this too... Although, I do recall a fair number of mornings with car top frost.  Lot of them actually, so who knows. I mean then we gotta get into valleys vs highlands. Some of these dead still mornings with car top frost are like 35 F here in the Nashoba Valley ( to use my location for example - ) but ORH was 40 at the time.  

In fact, while we're at it... I have a pet peeve about all the SNE "climate" sites.   The only one that I use really is HFD... because for 90% of us or more it is the only physical-geographically relevant location there is out of all 3.   ORH is 1,000" high.  BOS is out on a island in N. f'um Atlantic's Labrador devil's blood head waters. While PVD is too prone to ocean taint as well...  

Any kind of climate feed coming from these sites is dubious and I also feel skew records if/when incorporating them into ongoing effort and assessment.   This is probably arguable among other sites across N/A and the world... but we have 3 annoyingly dubious ones in our own AFD back yard.  

• Like 2