Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is actually a huge event up north...but glad I never got roped in.

Wondering if there is a chance we see some column cooling enough that down to Hub Dave sees some snow out of this? 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

What’s up with you and streamers lol.

Getting another lighter “burst” with large dendritic growth even though radar is fairly putrid. Maybe there’s some geographically favorable wind trajectory to squeeze them through here.

animated.gif

Got down to 19.0° here. Feels like deep winter even though we’re not too far below climo. lol

Here’s vis from a few mins ago. Looks like it traces back to Hartford/Bethel VT and toward Middlebury Snowbowl

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Got down to 19.0° here. Feels like deep winter even though we’re not too far below climo. lol

Here’s vis from a few mins ago. Looks like it traces back to Hartford/Bethel VT and toward Middlebury Snowbowl

image.jpeg

It's like an arrow pointing right at you

1 hour ago, bwt3650 said:

All the warm departures this year and that map gets us well past 300” for the year. Could actually manage average snowfall with nearly bare ground in December, January and early March..Crazy.

If that map plays out, and I know it's not likely, it puts me just over 100".  I don't have long term records but between the old KMPV obs and the average annual snowfall maps that BTV puts out is right at average.  This would be the worst "average" year ever.

If that map plays out, and I know it's not likely, it puts me just over 100".  I don't have long term records but between the old KMPV obs and the average annual snowfall maps that BTV puts out is right at average.  This would be the worst "average" year ever.

I agree…complete tale of two winters. You could have 2 people pick 5 different days to ski this winter and one say “that was the best skiing in years” with 2 foot deep powder and the other say “worst winter ever, bare ground in January”. It’s been all about timing…nothing average this year.